lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
justinsbeck
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 gas club car instantly flooding

Hello i have a 93 club car with some problems.... for awhile when you first hopped on it if you gave it gas it wouldn't move so you had to feather it fore ever then you could give it a little gas. Recently it has just stooped all together so i put a new plug in it and pulled the carb, i cleaned out the carb real good put everything back together and it still would not fire. i then pulled my plug to make sure it was sparking and i noticed in the few minutes i tried to get it going with that new plug it got covered in gas and pitch black suet.....so i cleaned it of and tested it and sure enough there was a perfect spark..... so basically it is flooding out after just a few cranks.....what would cause this to happen and what should i do to get her running again.
justinsbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: 93 gas club car instantly flooding

Sounds like the carb is flooding. Are you sure you got the float needle in properly ? It may also be a little bit of residue on the needle or needle seat. It seems an odd coincidence that this started after the carb clean so I'd check there first.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
justinsbeck
Not Yet Wild

I may not have worded that properly... Lol... I had the issue before the carb cleaning... And I made extra special care that the float needle was intact and clean... But I may re check it tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
justinsbeck
Not Yet Wild

Everything seems perfect with the float needle..... Is there anything else that could cause this??? ... I don't wanna buy a new carb or just waste money being a parts changer if I don't need to... I mean I have a decent amount of knowledge of carbs but I'm more of a fuel injected guy so I am Limeted on ideas of why it floods so quickly???

Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
justinsbeck
Not Yet Wild

!!--UPDATE--!!

I got her going... its a little rough now but i think im going to blame it on a combo of things... possible water in gas,bad plugs,dirty carb...i should get it going smooth now with some sea foam.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsbeck View Post
!!--UPDATE--!!

I got her going... its a little rough now but i think im going to blame it on a combo of things... possible water in gas,bad plugs,dirty carb...i should get it going smooth now with some sea foam.
You might change the fuel filter while your at it.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
justinsbeck
Not Yet Wild

Lol, I actually did also change out the fuel filter... Thank though.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car