lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
bradford9173
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 04 club car ds iq

Tried doing the obc reset today and when i go through the sequence the reverse buzzer wont buzz with the negative cable off that goes from batterry to controller. Please help!
bradford9173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 04 club car ds iq

Resetting OBC is sometimes hit or miss . . . some people will experience the buzzer and some won't . . . what problems are you having that you are resetting the OBC?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
bradford9173
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

well it has 04 batteries that i know need replacing. But it will be a few months. I was cleaning wires that hook to the motor and yellow wire arced and fried the controller. I got a remaned controller from plum quick 250amp installed it and had it set on speed code 3 and i can run the cart maybe 15 minutes. Then it wont pull very good so when i plug up the charger it starts charging at like 10 amps instead of 15 amps like it did when the cart was running strong before i fried the controller. cart was on speed code 2 when i fried the controller. Now dont hate me for this when i bought the cart i did the epsom salt thing to the batteries and it ran strong for about a month the slowly started to not last as long. This was the reason i was cleaning all connections at the time i didnt realize that the controller had capacitors in it. I know i didnt spell that right. I installer the remanned controller myself. Thanks for any help! I wont be able to get new batteries for a few months as my wife is a teacher and has no income during summer break and we are also expecting a baby in july. New batteries will be purchased when she goes back to work im just trying to get by till then. I am also new to carts as i have only had this one for 2 or 3 months.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Let the charger complete it's cycle . . . test batteries with volt meter about 8-12 hours after charge cycle completes . . post the numbers here . . . also, test the specific gravity of the individual cells and post the numbers here . . . you can buy a SG tester at local car parts place for about $6 . . . my guess is that these batteries, being 8 years old are about done . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
bradford9173
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Im pretty sure the batteries are about gone also. I will try to get some voltage readings this weekend. The batteries are slowly getting weak even after a full charge cycle and it sets there with the charger plugged in for a few hours. When i bought the cart i had to put a gallon and a half of diistilled water in them to get to proper fill level. They are the original trojans that say powerdrive on them. The battery cases are swelled on the sides also. I appreciate the help as i am learning alot about carts on the forums. I will post back voltage readings and such as soon as i can get to check them. Gotta help a friend put some flooring down this weekend. Thanks again
Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
bradford9173
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

What do you all suggest as far as batteries on an iq. I was thinking the red top us battery but my cart guy near by says interstate. Im using this thing hunting pulling a few small hills and i built a hitch for it and i may be pulling a small lawn trailer to get deer home. Should i go back to spped code 2 for a little better torque?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

my best advice for replacing batteries is buy the best you can afford ...........thats the last place to skimp or save a buck but i do understand they arn,t cheap.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car