lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to me 85 ezgo gas

Does it Fire on Starting-Fluid?Does it start in Reverse?If so,the crank-seals are weak and leaking,Replace the seals and you are set.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #12
dakotafxst
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok i will order the crankcase seals, but I have one question. Doesnt the fuel pump run off lower crank case pressure? I have a good spurt of gas coming from the pump. And yes it does start on starting fluid.
dakotafxst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Is the carb in good condition inside?You need to remove the jets,needle,etc...clean the jets with a torch-tip cleaner,and spray out everything with carb-cleaner.Do this before tearing into crank-seals.Then make sure the throttle and choke cables are adjusted and working correctly.Make sure the fuel is New..If its' over 2-months old,drain it and get new gas.(This Crap they are selling has a 3-month shelf-life tops)It should run.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #14
dakotafxst
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cleaned the carb today and it runs great. Drove it around for about 10 min, good speed with 2 of us in the cart. Now i have a new problem, when starting the cart the clutch is engaging whit the starter. So when starting it, the starter has the weight of the cart and the belt sqeals. i can get it to start with just me on it and down hill. Any ideas?
Old 07-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
dakotafxst
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

im sure its my clutch. Did a search and ouldnt find what i was looking for? anyone have a link or info on and 85 ezgo clutch? i believe i have the oem style clutch. looking to take it apart and clean it up, its been sitting for many years so maybe it just needs a good cleaning and reassembly?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO