lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
dragster777
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas Cart Getting Hot Quick?

I have just purchased a EZ GO gas cart for the first time. It is a 2009 RXV and i can run it down the road for a mile or so and it gets really hot under the seat and the heat comes out the sides of the seat. Is this normal because it really makes it not so easy to ride long. Even the gas tank is really warm after a few miles. Thanks for any help.
dragster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Gas Cart Getting Hot Quick?

the fins in the head could be packed full of grass and dirt, and need to be cleaned, or it could be running lean, did you change a plug? did you change the air filter??, any changes that would make it run hot?, or did it just start doing this?
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
dragster777
Not Yet Wild

Just bought the cart last week, bone stock, they did turn it up some to run faster is the only thing that has been done, but the airfilter looks new. I bought it from a cart shop and it has 6 months warrranty on it so i will take it back if this is not normal. Never had a gas cart so i don't really know alot about them yet.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
rib33024

DID you check the oil??? make sure there is oil before you drive it again, ---- well you need some way to tell us how HOT it is getting, run the cart fast for a few minutes, when it is getting hot, you need to stop and pull the plug and see what color it is, this will tell you alot,-- is it the stock air filter box on the cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
amcjeep
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

There is record heat this season across the USA....
amcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My RXV will make your butt sweat!! We put a beach towel on the seat when we go for long rides.
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
dragster777
Not Yet Wild

Airbox appears to be in the stock location and I have not change anything. I do check the oil. I will check the plug and post responce this afternoon.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
dragster777
Not Yet Wild

The plug is black everywhere except the part the arks, it looks like cardboard. Road it for half and hour and you could not lay your hand on the gas tank it was so hot under the seat. Air box is clean and flowing and the fins are all there and not blockage.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
4mula1fan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am going to put some automotive hood insulation under the seat bottom to try to keep the heat from frying our butts so bad.
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #10
TallBoy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

dragster if they turn it up at the shop means all they done was ajust the govenor only takes a sec and u can get your cart to go alot faster only PROBLEM/w this is u have to install new jets in the carb to allow more fuel to the motor. running lean will make everything very hot and I dont think u need me to tell u what happens next they should of told u this back at the shop
TallBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO