lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lifted carts

i am thinking 10 or 12" wheels semi agressive tires, 8 inch lift for campground transportation and cool factor. it has the original motor. i took out for test run yesterday and is pretty fast for a single cylinder . I wouldnt think the lift would have anything to do with performance but seems like many have lifted carts with stock engines..im aware larger tires and wheels will affect dynamics of foward progression but its been done many times ...No?
madgasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Larger tires basically changes the gear ratio which actually increases top speed when going to a larger tire, but decreases acceleration, hence, you may need a larger engine for more torque to get you moving or up hills.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

if it becomes a problem ill do the mods mentioned in other threads, like shorter belt clutch work etc.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your terrain will have a lot to do with your lift, I lifted my cart 8" and on 24" tires now. On flat ground with my stock motor my cart went from about 12 mph to about 19 mph but on a hill I went from about 12 mph to maybe 5 mph and one hill (asphalt) it almost won't pull, my cart looks awesome but if I had it to do again I would not had lifted untill I was able to big block at same time because I live at a lake and it's hilly here every where. Motor it top on list for me now ASAP
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

it has been done many times. myself included.

I just recently lifted my campground cart. it is a ds with a transplanted stock fe350. it has plenty of power on the flats. but put 4 large adults, or hook up my kiddie caboose (trailer) and i can really tell that there is a loss of power. and that is with a 6 inch lift and 23 inch tires. i did it mostly for the cool factor and there aren't really any hills at the campground.

in retrospect i would have not put a 7.5 lift on my big block cart. it has PLENTY o power to turn the 25" rubber (well 24 actually). but it does get a bit tippy up there with the lift and larger tires.

I'm in no means trying to talk ya outta it. it will look awesome if done correct. Just wanting you to be aware of how it is going to handle and perform once your done.
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

..this is what i wanted pros and cons. im told that the kf 82, side valves motors can handle the higher rpm without tearin up the motor.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

you have a flat head? that is the opposite. as i understand those motors don't really like ANY extra rpm
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
madgasser
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
you have a flat head? that is the opposite. as i understand those motors don't really like ANY extra rpm
Hmmmm. old timer golf cart guy says the OHV are the ones who cant do take the higher rpms. Fkat heads handle it much better due to design???
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #19
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It's always been to my understanding that it's just the opposite!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #20
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

do a search on this site. if the flat head was such a great design, why aren't the current engines this way?

i don't know. i have only had 2 flat heads. both of those cart were still operating in the factory rpm ranges. so i have no real exp over revving them. i can tell you i rev the sh!t outta my 350 engines. well over 4k. i am sure they will blow eventually. but are going strong currently!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car