lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Front end rebuild kit for 92/older club cars?

My recently acquired 1988 club car is in need of a full front end rebuild. i see there is "kits" available for the 93 and up club cars but i cant find anything for the older models.

is there any kit for the older ones or can i just use the 93 and up kit? i can get the parts i need for about 100$ but the kit is cheaper and has more in it.

next time i buy a cart i'll try to not get it from someone who beat it up in mud holes and didnt maintain it..

thanks.
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Front end rebuild kit for 92/older club cars?

the front ends wear pretty quickly in my opinion no matter what. most golf courses just run them till they won't work any longer

I have never seen a kit for an older cart. so your stuck pc parting it.

if you have plans on lifting it, you might wanna consider that now. a supersport lift, for example, does away with all but a couple bolts and the delta tower from the stock suspension.

another option would be to convert it to a newer suspension from someone who has lifted theirs.

good luck in your parts search...
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
rnoble
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

And you are starting to talk BIG $$$ for a pretty small problem.
I was having terrible difficulty with my 88DS as well. Fortunately, what worked for me was replacing bold tie rod ends. ($15) each and it works like a champ.
I'm not aware of the extent of your damage but this is a possible cheap option to explore.
rnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Dale M
Getting Wild

Not sure what all you're looking for but I kept the parts from my '87 after I put my lift on. They are in pretty good shape and I'd be willing to sell those if we could work something out. The tie rod looks to be the only part that was re-used with the lift kit.
Dale M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

I ended up piecing the front end parts together from a few vendors for a ok price. Ive been out of town this week so i get to go home to a pile of new parts for the cart. Hopefully my clone 16hp should be there too.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
TJL
Gone Wild
Club Car

This cart is a budget build for me. Actually its for my parents to use on their property so buying the bushings for the front was the cheaper option. I was going to lift it but with that would have been new wheels/tires and more $ i didnt want to spend. The bushings in the front were pretty well shot as was the tie rod end on the steering ram, it actually seperated when i went to unscrew the adjuster. It was all fairly cheap and the front end should be nice and tight.

My duromax 16hp clone came in with new shoes, drums, spring bushings and some of the front end parts. Also just ordered the longer clone swap belt and some other doodads from tom/cpp. Now i just need to find some garage time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car