lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #1
jcorkin
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 Club Car Speed limiter issues

I recently picked up a 1996 Club Card DS, the issue im having is the previous owner tried to speed it up and didnt really seem to know what he was doing, he undid the bolt on the governor arm on the trans axle and then never replaced it, didnt say he did anything else but i dont think he was being 100% honest, the issue im having is if i take off and go wot it will get up to speed fine then hit the speed limiter and shut down the engine till it reaches a low enough speed and then when it slows enough it will take off again until it hits the speed limiter again and then it does the same thing, i tired finding the ground wire coming off of the speed limiter box under the front of the motor but i couldnt find a black wire grounding out on the engine anywhere. right now i would like to either bypass the speed limiter completely or reset it back to factory settings, im going to go pick up a nut and bolt for the governor arm tomorrow and put it back together but i dont think that is going to fix my problem, anybody got any ideas on what i should be looking for? pics of where the ground goes to?
jcorkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #2
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 1994 Club Car Speed limiter issues

There is a wire comimg out of the RPM limiter that is grounded to one of the mounting bolts, disconect that wire
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #3
jcorkin
Not Yet Wild

do you happen to have a picture of where that bolt is located at? i followed my black wire and it goes to a but connector that then turns into a white with black line wire and i disconnected that one originally thinking it was the correct wire and when i did that i found that the engine would not shut off when i let off of the gas pedal.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
jcorkin
Not Yet Wild

ill give it another look
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
jcorkin
Not Yet Wild

nobody happens to have a picture of where the ground is located?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

At #1 (lower left)

BUT... if your going to disconnect the limiter ground, either reset your governor to a lower RPM, or get a tach to watch your RPM's!
anything over 4200 continuous... you'll float your valves and...KA-POW!

I... anyone on this forum, or... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using,
or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
jcorkin
Not Yet Wild

would you happen to have the procedure for resetting the governor to a lower rpm?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I do! start at #5... this resets it back to factory specs... no need to disconnect the limiter.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
jcorkin
Not Yet Wild

is the governor arm that it is talking about the one on the rear end or is it on the throttle body?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

It's on the rear end (trans-axle) with 2 cables that are attached to it, 1 of the cables has a spring between the cable and the arm!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car