lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
worldrubio
Not Yet Wild

Default My cart is dying!

My club Car is having sputtering issues, I will be driving it and then its like Im running out of gas type sputtering! Evenutally it will come to a complete stop I will have to choke it to get it going again. Its like its starving for fuel.

Any comments, please help!
worldrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
dirtmanmartin
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My cart is dying!

A little more info on your cart would be helpful. Year....engine.? Start with the easy stuff first. Drain gas tank....clean...fresh fuel....add Seafoam or some other type of cleaner additive.
dirtmanmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
RSP
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Sent a PM
RSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
wam18jr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening (please pick one),

I am having the exact same trouble. Although I would not call it a "dying" cart. I have replaced the fuel with fresh 87 octane (with ethanol), cleaned and gapped the plug (replaced about five hours ago and looks fine). The cart is a 1999 Club Car, gas model obviously. Oil and filter have been changed religiously (oil looks fresh and clean). I have even removed and cleaned the carbuerator (did not rebuild). Replaced the fuel filters and blew out the lines, all seemed clean. Air filter is clean and recently replaced (blew it out too for good measure).

The problem started after a relatively long period of constant running, about 5miles. It was running fine, then started to slow and "sputter", then stalled out completely. Stopped to check it out and then it ran fine for a few minutes, then the process repeated. I can keep it running a bit longer (a few seconds) by pushing the choke in , then in and out, then it stalls out again. Wait a minute or two then it runns for a coule of minutes and the process repeats. The problem has gotten worse in that it does not run as long now before stalling out. The trouble seems to be related to engine heating up, maybe (SWAG), but seems to be a fuel (mixture?) problem.

Don't know much about golf cart engines, but work on aircraft engines, so I am pretty handy, but I cannot figure this one out. Any hep would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
wam18jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
wam18jr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Okay, problem seems to be solved. Just started with everything related to fuel flow. Took the vacuum fuel pump apart and found a bunch of gunk and gas varnish in it. Cleaned it all up, re-installed it and the cart seems to be working fine now. Ran it around for a good ten minutes straight and had no issues. Previously, would have started stalling out well before the time I wuit running it around.

In an abundance of caution, I am going to buy a pump rebuild kit and replace teh diaphrams and gaskets. Will keep you updated as to how it works.

Bill
wam18jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Try to run High-test,or at least mid-grade whenever possible.The Low-Grade stuff is the biggest problem right now with almost all classes of engines.The Octane-vs-Ethanol content causes them to run terrible,also try to run the fuel as low as you can between fill-ups,to cut down on residual Ethanol buildup in the bottom of the tank(the Ethanol separates,taking moisture with it,and lays at the bottom,increasing in volume as time goes on).Eventually the pick-up tube is drawing Ethanol/water and it won't run.This is getting more and more common,even in cars!Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car