lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
kr22mx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Wide open backfire!

Just purchased an 07 cart and can't keep the wife off full throttle.Cart dies and backfires. Any mods I can do to fix this? Is this a rev limiter issue? Thanks, the new guy.
kr22mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wide open backfire!

Sound to me like you are (or she is) bouncing off the rev limiter.
Somewhere, A previous owner disabled or maladjusted the ground speed governor.
In original trim, the ground speed governor will back off the throttle before the rev limiter kicks.
Bouncing off the rev limiter and the subsequent backfire is harmful to your engine.
You could disable the rev limiter, but then you risk over speed on the engine rpm and ending up with an oily pile where your engine used to be.

Now, I like speed as much as the next guy. I have my ground speed governor tied back and mine will bounce off the limiter if I hold it to the floor. On the rare occasions that happens to me, I back my foot off and keep it from hitting the rev limiter
Having a tachometer and keeping the revs down under 4000 will avoid engine damage but is sounds to me like certain drivers of your cart won't use that type of discipline.

If I were in that situation, I would correct the ground speed governor and let the cart protect itself.
Just my opinion, your mileage may vary, offer void where prohibited by law, and any other disclaimer that may or may not be applicable.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
kr22mx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the tips.
kr22mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Put a spacer behind the accelerator to keep her and others from going to the floor with it. Simple fix.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car