lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car year and basic info needed right away

Good deal!
Did I guess a 1998, or what?

You can attach a "thumbnail" as I did earlier!

Post a reply,
Scroll down, and click "manage attachments"
Click "browse" for the pics,
select one (up to 5 pics can be uploaded in 1 reply) and click "upload"
and when they complete uploading, close the window,
and click "submit reply"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 021.JPG (102.9 KB, 0 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the pic posting advice. Worked good.

This is all I have for now. I'm going to pick it up in the morning with my JD 400. It has a cab and a 3 point hitch. Cart is in town about two miles away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $T2eC16ZHJGkE9no8iMDRBRG+UvmrR!~~48_20.JPG (91.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqVHJEYFEMZeqq,IBRG+UlyiqQ~~48_20.JPG (115.8 KB, 0 views)
army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Nice job. $300 sounds like a pretty good deal for that cart.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #14
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Congratulations. It looks like a pretty good deal from here.
Is that top a little tweaked to the right? Not a problem really, it should be able to be get back in to shape easily.
Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #15
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Lockman.. yeah you called it pretty close. How many fingers am I holding up right now?

I needed another project like a hole in the head so the positive comments here made me feel good about it. I have a variety of things on the go right now. I always finish projects. It just takes a while sometimes. Here's a link to my personal web site http://www.gofastgarage.com. I don't have my Ezgo project or the Club Car on there yet. There's other stuff to look at though, as well as some of my old pappy's toys for your viewing pleasure. He's almost 84 but I bet he could work all of us to death. I think having interests and keeping busy is why he's so mobile and still enjoying life. He put the `50 Mercury pickup together from a completely disassembled state when he was 82. That made me shake my head. I'm 58 and I can barely get out of the sack some days. He jumps out of bed like a rooster on speed.

I'll post some more pics of the cart when I get it home today. I'm taking my JD 400 to get it. It has a cab and a 3 point hitch. I'll put my boom on the back and use it to pick the front end of the cart up for the trip to my little hobby farm. It's only about 2 miles. I have to go past the police station but this is farming country. They're used to various machinery being hauled up and down the roads. Just need a slow moving sign on the back.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #16
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have the cart in the heated bay of my shop now. Took the canopy off. It's shabby and twisted out of shape and will be donated to any kid brave enough to flip it over and ride it down a big snowy hill.

The body is in very nice shape. No cracks. Just needs the decals removed, a proper prep and paint.

The floor rubber is very good. Dash is faded and needs a respray with vinyl paint but is otherwise very good. Same with the scorecard steering wheel but I'll replace it with something sportier anyway.

I won't be using an original engine so the governor mechanism on the transaxle will be coming off. The rear hatch cover is gone which allowed enough light under there to grow the green mossy growth on top of the tranny.

Tires and wheels are not up to par but could be used for a yard trailer or whatever. I think I'll get a set of ATV tires to fit stock 8" rims for my EZGO project and use the fat tires and shiny wheels I already have for the Club Car. The EZGO is going to be significantly modified and will see trail use so chrome wheels aren't the best choice. See EZGO pic below. I'm still at the idea stage with it. I was playing 'what if' and had a lawn tractor grill perched on the front.

Seat and backrests are rip free but discolored and grungy looking. Not sure what I'll do about it but they won't be left as is.

Any recommendations on which drive clutch to buy? The Honda engine shaft is 1" and a couple inches long. I bought a new clutch for my EZGO a couple years ago but I'll be darned if I can remember where I got it. It's mounted on a 390 clone for my EZGO project (see engine pic).

Overall I'd say the cart was worth what I paid, which is unusual for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S_100_7045.JPG (93.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg S_100_7030.JPG (97.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg T_S_100_7038.JPG (44.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg S_100_7050.JPG (78.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg S_100_6798.JPG (174.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Meant to put this in the lifted carts section. Now it's posted in both forums and I can't figure out how to delete this one. I can edit it though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S_bigbuns.JPG (91.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Is it lifted? By the pic you could easily convince me it's not...
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
army
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No lift at all. It's close to having enough clearance as is. But close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car