lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Redjk07
Not Yet Wild

Angry 2010 EZGO 48 volt won't charge

Ok I have got this fixed up 2010 EZGO TXT PDS 48 volt cart that I just back from the dealer, an hour drive, because I couldn't get it to run due to altraxs sending me the wrong wiring harness after sending me a bad controller! And now it finally ran! Well the batteries ran down on it yesterday and I hooked up the battery charger up and I am getting a two red blink fault code and it won't charge! It has brand new Trojan batteries! And today the reverse alarm started going off when it was in the neutral spot and key off and it was just sitting there! The only way to get it to go off was to the switch to the tow mode. And it was sitting outside still so I still needed to get it in the shed, so I turned it on and put the switch to the forward position and it went in reverse! So i am still a lose!
Redjk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
UroGator
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO 48 volt won't charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjk07 View Post
Ok I have got this fixed up 2010 EZGO TXT PDS 48 volt cart that I just back from the dealer, an hour drive, because I couldn't get it to run due to altraxs sending me the wrong wiring harness after sending me a bad controller! And now it finally ran! Well the batteries ran down on it yesterday and I hooked up the battery charger up and I am getting a two red blink fault code and it won't charge! It has brand new Trojan batteries! And today the reverse alarm started going off when it was in the neutral spot and key off and it was just sitting there! The only way to get it to go off was to the switch to the tow mode. And it was sitting outside still so I still needed to get it in the shed, so I turned it on and put the switch to the forward position and it went in reverse! So i am still a lose!
What kind of charger are you using?

Did you run the batteries completely dead?
UroGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
Redjk07
Not Yet Wild

Just the stock charger.
And Yes the batteries where completely dead. The cart was kinda bucking to get it back I the shed on Saturday. But then I took it out on Sunday and ran it around the block and it was dead by the time I got back to the house.
Redjk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
71smiley340
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

my charger flashed that same code and I had to replace the charger . my battery's are a year old . took my charger to the dealer and he told me it was done and ordered me a dpi charger said it way a US made charger and was better than the power wise factory charger , wonder if your goof electrical problems are from low battery voltage
71smiley340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjk07 View Post
Just the stock charger.
And Yes the batteries where completely dead. The cart was kinda bucking to get it back I the shed on Saturday. But then I took it out on Sunday and ran it around the block and it was dead by the time I got back to the house.
The 48V battery pack voltage has to be above 36V for the Powerwise QE charger to turn on.

I suspect the controller acting strangely is due to low voltage.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO