lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
EZShelby
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 36V has little to no power

I charged and tested all the batteries and they are all good. When I hit the pedal the solenoid clicks and the cart moves about an inch or so and the motor is shaking. I put a meter to the wires going to the motor and all 4 read 38 volts. this is my first cart so not sure what is causing the problem or what to check next.
EZShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 36V has little to no power

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZShelby View Post
I charged and tested all the batteries and they are all good. When I hit the pedal the solenoid clicks and the cart moves about an inch or so and the motor is shaking. I put a meter to the wires going to the motor and all 4 read 38 volts. this is my first cart so not sure what is causing the problem or what to check next.
Welcome to BGW!

What drive system? See attached.

Remove any hub covers so you can see the castle nuts on the rear axle shafts.
Have someone watch while motor is shaking. If the castle nut is spinning and the wheel isn't, the splines in the brake hub is stripped. It only take a stripped hub on one side to keep cart from moving.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
EZShelby
Not Yet Wild

I did just put new wheels n tires on it and that is when it stopped moving. I jacked it up and took off the wheels and the axle slowly rotated as the motor was shaking. I'm gonna take a look at the castle nut.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
EZShelby
Not Yet Wild

I just took the hub covers off jacked it up and the wheels spin about 1 mph and both nuts were spinning. I lowered it down hit the pedal and the wheels and nuts stayed in place and the motor is just shaking.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
EZShelby
Not Yet Wild

I just retested my batteries under load and found 1 bad battery. Problem solved just want to know if buying 1 is a bad idea.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:34 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZShelby View Post
I just retested my batteries under load and found 1 bad battery. Problem solved just want to know if buying 1 is a bad idea.
Depends on the age of the batteries.
If they are a year or less, okay.
Over a year old, replacing them all is best.
Or if you can find a used battery of the same make and model that is about the same age.
Putting a new battery in an old pack will work, but the new battery will quickly acquire the same age characteristics as the old batteries, so it is to be considered a sacrificial battery and must be replace when the rest of the batteries are replaced.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO