lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 PM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart can't last 18 holes, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimegolf777 View Post
Digital Multimeter came today so i plan on checking the batteries in the morning and will come back with results. I can't seem to find answer on which setting to set the meter to. The volt options are 20 and 2.

My cart has 6 6V batteries FWIW. I saw someone say set it to 20 for 8V batteries, do i do the same for 6V batteries?
you have 6v batteries.....so you pick the setting that is the lowest setting that is above what you are going to be measuring.....so it would be the 20v setting.

now that is if you are going to be measuring each individual battery.....if you are going to be measuring total pack voltage, then select the setting that is above 36v.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2014, 11:55 PM   #12
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

10-4 thanks man. I plan on testing each individual battery
bigtimegolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #13
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

have fun.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #14
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

Ok so here are the results
1 6.39
2 6.38
3 6.31
4 6.36
5 6.36
6 6.39

What am i looking at here gents?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

The Pack is adding up to 38.19? Thats roughly 96% total charge and if that's the case then the batteries (as far as charging potential) are doing ok. The only thing I would recommend doing is load testing. They may be reaching good charge potentials but failing under a load (I think they should never drop below 1.75VPC). Hope this helps
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimegolf777 View Post
Ok so here are the results
1 6.39
2 6.38
3 6.31
4 6.36
5 6.36
6 6.39

What am i looking at here gents?

Thanks
Those look fairly decent. Full charge is about 6.37V and all six batteries are within 0.1V of each other.

Hopefully the readings were taken about hours after the charger shut off automatically, or they might be artificially high.

Next step is to drive the cart a few miles, or until the performance starts dropping off noticeable, then let the batteries rest for about half an hour, then take another set of readings.

If possible, keep track of how far cart is driven on test drive.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #17
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Those look fairly decent. Full charge is about 6.37V and all six batteries are within 0.1V of each other.

Hopefully the readings were taken about hours after the charger shut off automatically, or they might be artificially high.

Next step is to drive the cart a few miles, or until the performance starts dropping off noticeable, then let the batteries rest for about half an hour, then take another set of readings.

If possible, keep track of how far cart is driven on test drive.
Ok update.

Drove the cart 1.25 miles to golf course, played 9 holes, and drove 1.25 miles home. So all in all, probably 5.5 miles give or take.

Got home and let cart sit for 30 minutes and checked them again with multimeter. Here r the readings.

No idea what this means, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well you started out at total pack voltage of 38.2, and ended at 37.58. so your SOC is a hair over 80%
Old 04-25-2014, 09:14 PM   #19
bigtimegolf777
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
well you started out at total pack voltage of 38.2, and ended at 37.58. so your SOC is a hair over 80%
Ok, what exactly does this mean?

Do i have battery issues or is something else in need of repair/upgrade?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

I too live in a community that has a course that runs through it..... for your range estimate, try this, its what I did, and it works. chart out a long course around your neighborhood in your car, at least the 5 or 6 miles. before you start, clear/set your trip meter....when you get back to your house, note the mileage. THEN, with you cart charged/rested, should be the 38.2v as before (100% SOC).....run the same course....stop back at the house and wait for about 30 minutes and check total pack voltage again and note it....do the math. AFTER TRIP / BEFORE TRIP. This will give you a good idea of your range.

AND seeing as how it appears that all you have is a DVM.....We would highly suggest you get one that mounts in the dash that reads out pack voltage.....kind of acts like a "GAS GAUGE". Here is a link directly to one of your sponsors. which is where most of got ours.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO