lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
clintaggie
Not Yet Wild

Default Problems with 2008 ST

I just purchased a used 2008 ST Sport. It has a few problems, none of which seemed like a big deal (blinker light bulb out, wiring to radio needs to be redone, etc.). The owner assured me the batteries are good. I was told the cart has been sitting with no charge for a while (1 month or so). I charged the cart overnight last night and this morning the charger had clicked off as if there was a full charge. When I turned the cart on, the battery life indicator blinks between the bottom two spots. The cart barely made it around my block. I checked and all the terminals are tight and very clean and the batteries all have water. What should be my next step?

Problem 2 - the ride starting out is extremely rough. The previous owner said it is due to the tires, but I think there is more to it than that now. As the speed increases the ride gets much smoother. It feels like a very hard vibration at low speeds however. Any ideas on this?

The guy I bought it from and I made a contract stating that the cart is to be in perfect working order for 90 days, or he would pay to repair things. I am not worried about the light bulbs or little stuff, but I want to be sure the cart is running correctly and I am not overlooking anything in the first 90 days.

Thanks for your help!
clintaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Problems with 2008 ST

over 1 month without charging new batteries is bad. Older ones, it could be a death sentence. This depends on how dead they were before waiting over one month before charging. How old are the batteries? After charging them, wait 12 hours then check the voltage of each battery.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

To clarify, if they were fully charged before waiting over a month, it may not be so bad, but is indicative of poor maintenance - abuse. If it was partially discharged or dead, then sat over a month, that's pretty destructive.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW!

Batteries:

Do not trust the LED bar-graph battery meter, get yourself a DMM (Digital Multimeter). An inexpensive one will do. Needs to resolve the battery voltage to 1/100 volt and the battery pack to 1/10 volt.

Place the batteries on charge and then about 12 hours after the charger shuts off automatically, the 36V battery pack should read 38.2V and the individual 6V batteries ought to read 6.37, and all six should be within 0.1 volts of each other.

Rough Ride:

The ST has heavy-duty spring front and rear, so the ride will be pretty rough when not loaded.

Low Speed Vibration:

Out of round tires or rims.
Tire beads not fully seated in rims.
Bent axle(s)

Jack cart up and spin tires by hand while holding something close to tread. Out of round should be visible if it exists.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #5
clintaggie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the input guys!

I had two bad batteries. Replaced those to get me by for a while with a couple used ones until I can replace all 6 with new Trojans.

Bumpy ride was due to the tires. They are 4 wheeler tires. They were also inflated to 30psi. Bought some new 14" wheels and 23" tires. Looks awesome and drives great.
clintaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO