lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
jacef8
Getting Wild

Default Good deal?

Hey yall I'm new to the cart scene and looking for some help. I have found a cart locally but the owner is unable to give me very much information. She doesnt know what year it is but it is an EZGO with split back seat rests. The lady told me is does run but batteries dont hold a charge very well. They bought a new charger hopeing to fix that problem but it didn't so im sure it needs new batteries, but the new charger comes with the deal. She is only asking $800 but she acts like she would probably take less. Is this a good deal. I want to mod this cart. Do you think it would be a good candidate? She is going to try and find out the serial number tomorrow morning and get back with me so I can try to find out the year and model of it. I would go look at it myself but I am on the beginning of a 48hr shift as a paramedic. So it will be several days before I can get out there for myself. Thanks for all your advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG952135.jpg (60.0 KB, 0 views)
jacef8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Good deal?

yep looks like it has potential

Attached Images
File Type: png 83 94.png (53.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
yep looks like it has potential

Had to get him back, long story. Yes, that's a good deal and that cart has lots of mod potential like Crash said. Just be prepared to spend $600-$650ish on batteries, although with that you'll have a cart for under $1500 with a new charger and batteries, so you'll be doing REAL good.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post

Had to get him back, long story.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
jacef8
Getting Wild

Hey thanks alot. It seemed like a good deal. but I've got plenty to learn about carts so I was a little unsure. If I were to upgrade this cart in stages where would you start? I've read that there are certain things that need to be replaced in groups otherwise you jeopardize the new parts. Any suggestions?
Old 05-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #6
crash test dummy

decide if you want speed or torque
lift or stock
with a good lookin body , clean it up first
Old 05-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #7
jacef8
Getting Wild

Well we live in a small town with lots of dirt roads and a few minor hills. This will be used by the family so I don't need crazy speed but I don't want it crawling everywhere either. I'm mostly focused on torque and range. With a mild lift kit.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
crash test dummy

OK... first .... get cart and see how it runs

really , can't suggest til you see how it does for you stock .. of course an upgrade to the controller is a given if you get lift and bigger tires ... you would do the electronics first cause of the bigger tires and if you make it a four person cart
Old 05-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Marathons are Very Tough carts. This poor example (and i) was whacked by a minivan doing around 45mph. It is currently being rebuilt with no sheetmetal and a rollcage to be my yard hopping buggy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_12171009181757593338.jpg (250.2 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #10
crash test dummy

holy crap !!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO