lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
ospreydog
Not Yet Wild

Default First post, help with a slow weak cart.

I have had my 2001 36v ezgo TXT for a while so it was time for new batteries. I put them in last week along with new cables and the cart just doesn't seem to have very much power. It is lifted and has big tires and everything is stock. I'm not looking for a lot of speed but it seems like it's slower and weaker after the new batteries than with the old ones. Does it take a few cycles for the batteries to get stronger or what. After a full charge it was putting out almost 38v so I'm not sure what's going on hope someone can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ospreydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: First post, help with a slow weak cart.

to BGW

new batteries need a full charge first time it can take up to 16hrs
put cart on charge and let it go till fully charged

good read on new batteries

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html
Old 10-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
ospreydog
Not Yet Wild

Thanks very much, I installed the new batteries and plugged it in and didn't touch it for 24 hours. I have only been on it for five minutes or so since the new batteries. I mainly use it at my hunting club and maybe a little yard work in the summer so it doesn't get a lot of use. I guess I need to drive it a little more. I will get it out today and drive for a while then recharge it. Thanks.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: First post, help with a slow weak cart.

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
ospreydog
Not Yet Wild

Sounds great, I'm on my way.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO