lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
resqbee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Speed

I have a 98 TXT, stock height, rear seat, bag rack, with 10" wheels and low pro tires. I live on a golf course and the issue i have is not pulling hills. I would like some more speed as well. Is there any thing simple to change, or easy to replace? Or should I just look at a different motor all together.
resqbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Speed

Unless there is an issue with the cart itself, (the drive train), there is no cheap cure. You either have a series or DCS system. That can be determined by locating your Forward-Reverse actuator and/or your control unit cover. A DCS will have a F&R lever under the seat, at your right knee, a horn looking device inside the lever and a Run/Tow toggle switch on the controller cover. The series system will have a F&R selector below the seat, at your right knee, a long rod under the seat that actuates an electromechanical switch to the right of the batteries.
Both systems can be modified, however in different ways and at differing costs. If all components of the system are operating correctly, just changing the motor would probably result in the smallest increase for the money.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

resqbee How are your batteries?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:06 AM   #4
resqbee
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

batteries are some what older. and first on the list to replace, I am looking to perform any upgrades when I replace the batteries. The cart itself has the forward reverse switch at my right knee but no tow haul switch under the seat.
resqbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you have a series drive, so higher voltage, taller tires, high speed gears and/or high speed motor are your options.

Since you need batteries, this would be the time to go to 48V by installing six 8V batteries rather the six 6V batteries.

You will have to replace the Controller, Solenoid and Charger also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO