lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2022, 06:14 PM   #201
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: FYI - ERIC charging algorithm and battery watering

Can't blame them all on the charger, but if you have the wrong algorithms it's not helping anything. Those things are going through some water I'm sure. Change them all to Alg #3.

#1 works but people here previously reported higher water usage because of the lack of a temp sensor. Generally when water usage is high, plate erosion will be higher as well, which can lead to capacity loss.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2022, 11:10 AM   #202
etniesnh
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Can't blame them all on the charger, but if you have the wrong algorithms it's not helping anything. Those things are going through some water I'm sure. Change them all to Alg #3.

#1 works but people here previously reported higher water usage because of the lack of a temp sensor. Generally when water usage is high, plate erosion will be higher as well, which can lead to capacity loss.
Thanks for the info!
We were recently given Alg #188 from C.C. and after the change the batteries weren't getting nearly as hot. We are working on changing all chargers to Alg#3. and yes, they were going through a bunch of water but we were on a tight maintenance schedule. I can only imagine if we didn't have that schedule.
Thank again.
etniesnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #203
Wess
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What Profile should I use for Powertron P8000 batteries, on my IC650, I keep hearing their Trojan batteries and some research says they are not. Thanks!
Wess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:34 AM   #204
kantuckian
Gone Wild

What profil should i use for 8 volt powertron and what should voltage just before charger cuts off Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:50 PM   #205
masc243
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmanlanier View Post
New battery style and some questions.

First an answer - the 188 profile is from Club Car for the Trojan T875s. they emailed me the zip file if anyone wants it.

They sent me that because I just got a 2014 CC precedent with new batteries - Powertron P8000 (made by Trojan). They are not quite as good as the T875s or even the Duracells. Mine have 20Hr rating of 160AH vs. the T875s of 170AH (Duracells 165). Club Car did not have info on the Powertrons, but since Trojan makes them, they sent me the 188 profile since that's what they use with eth T875s.

I've called Trojan twice and left messages, as well as emailed them for Powertron to send me algorithm data. I'm over a week now with no reply. I'll try again Monday and not be quite as polite.

My Club Car Eric (Delta-IQ) charger has the original algorithm 31 in it. It finishes the charge around 55.5V. There is some boil going on - but not 'mist' per se (you can smell the gas). the water is at the low indicator level first check (have no trend data). After some time unplugged but not run, the battery settles in around 50.2 to 50.5V before use.

Seeing all the above, it appears the consensus of the more knowledgeable ones is that the profile is a function of the AH rating of the batteries. If so, does anyone have a non T875 battery with a rating similar to mine and a known proper algorithm to use?

Lastly, does anyone have a graph about what a typical charge profile looks like?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Might you be able to email me profile 188 masc243@gmail.com
masc243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 06:38 AM   #206
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car