lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-22-2022, 12:15 AM   #21
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Did I screw up this simple LED headlight install?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradnerboy View Post
That's hilarious that it's in a product description on Amazon but nowhere in the instructions or any other paperwork that came with it.

Thanks.
I hate to say it but I think its going to be on you.

Product Description
This light kit is designed to operate on 12 volts only. Any voltage in excess of 12 volts will void the warranty. Please be sure to make the correct battery wire connections as we will not accept returns due to improper wiring during installation.* *Incorrect wiring will cause excessive voltage resulting in blown bulbs.*
What I found out when dealing with things like this Amazon will have you contact the seller and they had it in writing on the website. Sorry but this is my opinion.

Ships from
Golf Carts & Accessories
Sold by
Golf Carts & Accessories
trig123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2022, 06:47 AM   #22
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post

Product Description
This light kit is designed to operate on 12 volts only. Any voltage in excess of 12 volts will void the warranty. Please be sure to make the correct battery wire connections as we will not accept returns due to improper wiring during installation.* *Incorrect wiring will cause excessive voltage resulting in blown bulbs.*
What I found out when dealing with things like this Amazon will have you contact the seller and they had it in writing on the website. Sorry but this is my opinion.

Ships from
Golf Carts & Accessories
Sold by
Golf Carts & Accessories
That same set of instructions should have come in the box then as generally people rely on the package, not referring back to the poorly worded listing on Amazon. That 'instruction sheet' that came in the box was laughable and was the cause of the problem in my opinion.
rowlands57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:33 AM   #23
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post

Product Description

Ships from
Golf Carts & Accessories
Sold by
Golf Carts & Accessories
I'm gonna have to agree with this. I had an eCommerce site (Amazon was one of our platforms) for years and people tried to find all kinds of ways to get out of their mistakes. You can blame this, that or the other, but in the end it does say 12V.

We always tried to side on the side of the buyer in these instances where possible, but when folks smoke something and expect others to cover it, we had to make a judgement call. Bad reviews can sink you, but returns and loss of profit will also.

Good luck, and contacting the seller in a positive way might help
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:03 AM   #24
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you want to really know what you have, follow the wires from the pack 36 volt terminals and see if the harness has a device in-line that looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: png 36 volt voltage reducer.PNG (170.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png 36 volt voltage reducer 2.PNG (79.6 KB, 0 views)
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:48 AM   #25
Jmuoio81213
Getting Wild
Club Car

I guess there must be a reducer in there. I'm not going hunting when I have no problems anymore. Quite happy with how much better the lights work now.
I figured if there was a reducer it would be in amongst the batteries, not somewhere else, but I'm happy to be wrong.
Jmuoio81213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:08 AM   #26
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuoio81213 View Post
I guess there must be a reducer in there. I'm not going hunting when I have no problems anymore. Quite happy with how much better the lights work now.
I figured if there was a reducer it would be in amongst the batteries, not somewhere else, but I'm happy to be wrong.
If you have one of the OEM reducers, it is usually mounted inside the drivers side frame I-beam.

I'm glad you are good to go!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:44 PM   #27
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
You should be able to exchange them being Amazon.
Any voltage in excess of 12 volts will void the warranty. Please be sure to make the correct battery wire connections as we will not accept returns due to improper wiring during installation.

from the website, but yes amazon may take them back
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 06:02 AM   #28
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassk View Post
Any voltage in excess of 12 volts will void the warranty. Please be sure to make the correct battery wire connections as we will not accept returns due to improper wiring during installation.

from the website, but yes amazon may take them back
I agree that they put the warnings in various places on the web. However they did not do that in the place that it mattered most, that being the installation instructions in the actual package with the lights.

Whenever I buy something that needs to be installed, or assembled for that matter, I expect that the shipped product packaging provides proper instructions. That one did and they were completely wrong, this is on the seller in my opinion.

I'd take it up with Amazon first then I'd dispute the charge with my credit card if it goes that far.
Old 11-23-2022, 11:45 AM   #29
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowlands57 View Post
I agree that they put the warnings in various places on the web. However they did not do that in the place that it mattered most, that being the installation instructions in the actual package with the lights.

Whenever I buy something that needs to be installed, or assembled for that matter, I expect that the shipped product packaging provides proper instructions. That one did and they were completely wrong, this is on the seller in my opinion.

I'd take it up with Amazon first then I'd dispute the charge with my credit card if it goes that far.
I agree the wiring diagram that came with the lights and the instructions seems to show it directly wired to 48 V
augiedoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:34 PM   #30
rowlands57
Gone Wild
Club Car

I meant 'did not' put proper instructions in the package in the prior note but I think you got the message right.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car