lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
mac
Not Yet Wild

Default Clutch Belt 96 C.c.

I had read a thread last night about where the belt should run so I checked mine.. Mine is running about 3/4 " below the outer portion of the front pulley, how do I get it to run more toward the outer portion of the pulley? The belt is a 1604 182 and is 1" wide...
What does moving the engine toward the front of the cart do I realize it will tighten the belt is that something I need to do?
Thanks
Mac
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Clutch Belt 96 C.c.

Your sheaves may be worn out, causing it not to ride all the way to the top. I would recommend taking the drive clutch assembly apart and cleaning everything spotless, then getting graphite as lubricant and coating the buttons, guides, weights; pretty much anything that contacts. If that doesn't work, then the actual sheaves are most likely worn out.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Check engine RPMs as well, If they are running low you will have the same problem. How deep in the driven clutch does the belt run?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #4
mac
Not Yet Wild

I will have to check that..
What does moving the engine forward do?
I saw a thread where someone said to get a 1" shorter belt for the ez-go and that would improve performance looks like moving the engine forward on the c.c. would do the same thing..

Last edited by mac; 10-09-2007 at 07:15 AM..
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You can slide the engine forward as far as it will go, and that should help with low end torque and top end speed some. Just be sure to align it correctly with the driven clutch. A belt that runs in a bind kills power about as much as anything.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car