lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2016, 06:06 AM   #11
reneramos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Oil Seal Replacement- Fan Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
1) Before removing the plate holding the coils, make some marks on the plate and crankcase so you can reinstall the plate in exactly the same spot. Moving the plate changes your ignition timing. We want it back exactly as it was. Scratch a line, use paint or a magic marker to make witness marks.
2) Now remove the two screws holding the coil plate to the crankcase. Unplug the four wires going into the back side of the fan housing, and pop out the grommet. Feed the wires through the hole as you remove the coil plate.
3) Here is the seal. It probably doesn't look quite like this one, as this is the new seal already installed. The old seal is likely to be ripped and have pieces hanging out of it.
4) Carefully drill a small hole through the seal and screw a small sheet metal screw into the hole as shown. Be careful not to go too deep when drilling. Just drill through the seal and stop as soon as your drill bit drops through. You do not want to hit the bearing under the seal. There is a space between the seal and bearing, just don't be bearing down so hard you fall through into the bearing. Grab the head of the screw with visegrips or a small prybar and pop the seal out.
5) Clean everything up and inspect the bearing. It should look something like this. Squirt a little oil on the bearing to prelube it, put oil or vaseline on the sealing lips of your new seal. Tap the seal in place until it looks like the seal in the third image. Reassemble in reverse order. Torque the flywheel nut to 53 ft-lbs.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...yamaha-g1.html
would this be the same procedure for a G16A?
reneramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
dwightmckinney@netins.net
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: G1 Oil Seal Replacement- Fan Side

Thanks,great thread!!
dwightmckinney@netins.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneramos View Post
would this be the same procedure for a G16A?
Not sure how this got missed.

No it's not the same job. The G1 engine is a 2 stroke, And the G16A you have is a 4 stroke engine
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 07:01 AM   #14
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Information
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #15
Gvachon15
Not Yet Wild

I know this post is a bit old. But I used this info to get to the seals in my friends g1. His seals and bearings were shot so I had to split the cases. But anyway. I recently bought a g1 for use while camping. It had been sitting for 10 yrs so I disassembled to inspect/replace the seals as a preventative measure. However the seals look great. But.... the fan side seal seems to be set in a lot more then both this write up and my friends seals. His cart Is a 1983 and mine is a 1982 however from what I have found the 82 lower end and block are the same as other g1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170822_174810.jpg (222.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170822_174814.jpg (216.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170822_174818.jpg (225.2 KB, 0 views)
Gvachon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #16
SKETSKI
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I just did mine and the lip for the seal is wider than seal. I just set mine so it was fush with the out side of the case. My flywheel was pain to get off had to heat with a torch several times.
SKETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #17
Gvachon15
Not Yet Wild

Both flywheel on mine and his cart came roght off with the puller. Havnt had to much that was a pain on either cart. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the something with there seal as the last cart didn't have this lip.
Gvachon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha