lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Your welcome AK, glad to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz
But yours looks special. What did you do to it?
I added about 2 1/2" of lift to the standard lift and moved the wheels
forward about 1 1/2".

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #12
VONSTER
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: lift kits

can you guys help me? I have a 2002 EZGO and I want to beef it up. It has a lift kit (not sure what type). I like the Jakes but do I buy just a lift kit or do I buy the long travel lift kit? If I buy the long travel lift kit will the front tires stick out too far? So do the lift kits include front and rear or just the front. I have no clue....any guidance would be appreciated. THX!
VONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi VOSTER Jakes is a great lift kit, there is an axle lift, spindle lift, and long travel. All will work fine but the long travel is going to set you back a few $$$$$$$ There really is no need to get the long travel unless your going to do lots of off roading. Yes they come with the rear lift
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Also the front tires will stick out futher then the back with the long travel I suggest 2" spacers when using the long travel kit.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:37 PM   #15
VONSTER
Not Yet Wild

cool I think you may have just saved me a few bucks because I really dont want to off road that much...so I should just get the spindle or the axle lift in your opinion? I guess the axle kit looks a little beefer. Is there anyway to add the better shocks with the axle lift? I dont see why not but dont know for sure.

I appreciate the response. Im an EX jeep person (CJs) so this cart stuff is new to me but a lot more fun!
VONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #16
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would go with the spindle lift, for the reason you have a 2002 ez-go so the steering is on the weldment. What happens is the tie rod sits low and kinda messes up the purpose of the lift (look at this pic!!!)

This is the spindle lift it keeps the tie rod up high to keep clearence on the lift!!

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha