lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #11
BIGDADDYJC1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1985 Club Car Rehab

J&M has about all you need for a cart dont they
BIGDADDYJC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is the place to go. They are one of the sponser's of this fine forum.

www.cartpartsplus.com
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #13
oliver28472
Getting Wild

J&M did me right. Had a part for my old CC that nobody else had. Lots of places I checked showed the part on their website but when I called they had never sold the part. I would tell them well, it's on your wedsite. They would reply well, that doesn't mean we can get it. The part was no longer available. J&M had it.
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #14
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks for all the input, I plan to drive my cart around my property and to my deerstands... I would say that I am more concerned about it climbing hills rather than top speed, any advice on how to acheive that is appreciated..

I do have the old flathead and I ordered a bunch of tune-up stuff from the cartparts website which should be waiting for me when i get home.. i will keep the other site in mind though, thanks..

What kind of fluids would you recomend for the engine and transmission?? I need to pick them up on the way home...

Pics are coming, i promise...haha..
jsahara24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #15
oliver28472
Getting Wild

Engine: 40 oz of SAE 5W 20 or SAE 30, API classification SE, SF, SE, or SE/CC
Transmission: 20 oz of 80W-90 API class GL-3, 80W-90 AGMA Class 5EP
Rear end: 22 oz same oil as tranny.

I had the bed off of my Carryall 1 to put in the trans & rear end oil. There is a drain plug and a fill plug on each. Take out both plugs, drain, replace drain plug then just put oil in the fill hole till it runs over and replace that plug. I used a piece of tubing to slip on the little oil bottle nipple. Still made a mess. A better way would be to buy one of those big syringes that looks like a grease gun. It comes with tubing.

Mine pulls some pretty steep hills no problem. A buddy has a 91 Carryall II with the flathead. We drove it around at a Red Power Roundup (antique IH tractors etc). At one point we had three grown men, two 16 year-olds and their mother on this thing and it chugged right along.
oliver28472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #16
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks for the info, it sounds like this cart might suit me perfectly.

I am going away this weekend hunting, but next monday and tuesday after work I have dedicated to the cart. You can expect an update early next week, thanks again for everyones help.

jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver28472 View Post
Engine: 40 oz of SAE 5W 20 or SAE 30, API classification SE, SF, SE, or SE/CC
Transmission: 20 oz of 80W-90 API class GL-3, 80W-90 AGMA Class 5EP
Rear end: 22 oz same oil as tranny.

I had the bed off of my Carryall 1 to put in the trans & rear end oil. There is a drain plug and a fill plug on each. Take out both plugs, drain, replace drain plug then just put oil in the fill hole till it runs over and replace that plug. I used a piece of tubing to slip on the little oil bottle nipple. Still made a mess. A better way would be to buy one of those big syringes that looks like a grease gun. It comes with tubing.

Mine pulls some pretty steep hills no problem. A buddy has a 91 Carryall II with the flathead. We drove it around at a Red Power Roundup (antique IH tractors etc). At one point we had three grown men, two 16 year-olds and their mother on this thing and it chugged right along.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #17
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have been very busy lately, but i have recently gotten some time to work on the cart.

I had to do quite a bit of work since the cart has been sitting for the last ~3-5 years. I had to free the brake lines up, i had to fix the accelerator linkage from the gas pedal, do some body repair and many other little things.

A full tune up has been done and the motor has been put in the cart, I hooked up all the wires and have the motor turning over by jumping the solenoid. However I cannot get the motor to start.

I made a sketch in CAD showing how I currently have the cart wired up, my goal is to get rid off the governor/etc and make the cart idle. If anyone sees anythign wrong with the way i have it wired up or has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

There is a small white wire coming out of the coil that i am not sure what to do with. You will see it in my sketch, I appreciate any help!

Thanks..Jason
Old 12-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #18
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Old 12-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #19
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Glad you got that poor cart. It looks like it really needed you to come along and give it some TLC.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #20
jsahara24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It certainly needs some TLC, the body is pretty rough.... i want to get it running before i spend any money on cosmetics...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car