lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #1
1983cart
Not Yet Wild

Default newbie with an 83 ez-go

Hi, I am new to carts and have purchased an 83 ezgo 2 stroke gas. From what i have read on here, they are different than the other 80's models. How do I adjust the govenor? Also the cart takes off fast than slows down and loses some power, if I let off the gas the power comes back slowly. Also the power seems to only be available in the first 2 inches of travel, after that there is no difference. Thanks for the help!
1983cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: newbie with an 83 ez-go

Really hard to say without seeing the cart. I will say that it sounds like your are going thin or fat, meaning that at WOT you are lean or rich, and letting your foot off the gas allows it to return to a place where the mixture is better. I had a moped that I messed with a great deal as a kid. I fattened up the mixture, and while it originally only went 25 mph, I got it up to 35 but like you, WOT would slow it down, I had to run around 90% throttle to be fastest. Never bothered to find out what it was, but know it was fuel, just don't know if fat or thin. I suspect you likely have something similar going on.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM   #3
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

It is possible that what you feel is the governor kicking in. Look up and read this thread THOROUGHLY.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html

I stress thoroughly because if you cause a backfire in that engine, you will most likely blow out a crank seal and you will be back on here trying to figure out why it won't run right or start at all. You must make sure that the throttle plate fully closes before the pedal switch clicks off, killing the ignition. Good luck.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
1983cart
Not Yet Wild

Thnks guys
1983cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO