lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
Jeff Gammon
Not Yet Wild

Default Cold natured G1

This is my first G1. As a matter of fact this is my first golf cart. All of the cartilage is gone in my wife's right knee and we have a big yard. I bought her a cart to ride around so she doesn't have to walk so much. Of course it will have to have a lift and ATV tires for when I borrow it. I started it this morning and it was pretty cold natured outside temp in the low 50s. I unhooked the black wire with the white stripe so it could idle for a couple of minutes before taking off in it. Is there anything to do about it being cold natured or is that just the nature of the beast? It seems to run great with plenty of power for what we need. Seems to be a really good old cart. Not beat up or banged up at all. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Gammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Cold natured G1

Did you use the choke? Most good running G1's will need to use the choke in cold weather. Two strokes are mostly like that. Most carts will need a choke in cold weather, but the two strokes are especially temperamental. It should still run smooth though when it's cold. I had one last winter when it was 0 degrees F, it started right up with the choke and ran perfectly. So if it's running poorly, think about doing a tune up. If that doesn't cure it, look at the compression. The two stroke G1 is known for the crank seals to wear out. This will reduce compression slightly and will have less power and harder starts.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #3
Jeff Gammon
Not Yet Wild

It started right up when I hit the choke. It just wouldn't accelerate very good. Want to spit and sputter
Jeff Gammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gammon View Post
It started right up when I hit the choke. It just wouldn't accelerate very good. Want to spit and sputter
There shouldn't be a problem. One of my G1s does the same thing.....starts good with the choke when it's cold but doesn't want to go when you release it, as soon as the motor is warm it runs like a top.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yes, warm it up and see if it improves. Sometimes you have to drive it around for a few min till it heats up. Should run better. Classic two stroke.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha