lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2016, 10:07 AM   #1
rjanssen0626
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Stalling issues, 2012 RXV

So here is the problem Im having. Ill be driving around and Ill come to a stop, then Ill hit the gas and it will just stall for a few pumps, some times more, then start gong again. Here is a video of whats going on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7cGbFzDOJg
Anyone have any idea what this could be?
2012 EZGO RXV
Put a new battery in about two months ago.
Cleaned and adjusted carb 6 months ago.
Thanks Everyone
Ryan
rjanssen0626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stalling issues, 2012 RXV

I would not call that stalling. That's called not turning over while trying to start.

First thing is check the starter belt for tightness. I couldn't tell in the video if the starter was turning, and the belt was slipping, or if it was just trying to turn.

If it's just trying to turn, load test that new battery. Do that by checking standing voltage, and voltage while trying to crank.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
rjanssen0626
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stalling issues, 2012 RXV

After I posted this this morning I decided to go ahead and just replace the starter belt since it was in bad shape and I had a new one already. So far so good, took it out for about an hour and not once did it "not turning over while trying to start", thanks for the correction.! I think that did the trick but Im Im going to load test the battery like Cart Around was saying when I have time.
Thanks
rjanssen0626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO