lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 06 TXT 295 lacking power

I've watched the thread about the '95 lacking low end power and I'm having a similar situation on an'06 I'm working on. It seems to run smooth and has reasonable speed - once it finally gets up to speed. Off the line it's gutless, boggs down and appears to get worse as it warms up. Things I've tried: Cleaned carb, though it didn't look bad when I opened it up. On the possibility there might be something going on I could not see I tried a different carb - no change. Compression shows right about 155# both cylinders, timing belt alignment marks appear spot on, checked / adjusted valve lash just because. Good spark apparent on both leads, changed plugs anyway because I had them already, even tried a coil off another good running cart in case it might have been breaking down as it heated up. Clutches seem to working just as they should, it just takes the engine a while to build the RPM's to bring the drive clutch in and the driven clutch out - so it's not a case of the clutches "shifting up" too soon. I'm open to suggestions... any thoughts?
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
my1423
Gone Wild

Default Re: 06 TXT 295 lacking power

Few ideas.

Try it with the air cleaner off? seen dirty air filters do this.

Unhook the exhaust try it. Could be plugged.

Lean tward a clutch issue. drive clutch attempting to shift too early.
Put a tach on it and drive it. See where the rpms are at.

Not sure if that year has a retard circut in the cdi and is staying in start mode and never advancing. Put a timing light on it and check it at higher rpms.

Flat lobe on the cam. Measure the stroke of each valve.

Use an ir thermometer to make sure both cylinders are running and that the exhaust in close to same temp on both.

Check the brakes for dragging. Push the cart while off.

Check rear end for howling and heating.
my1423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO