lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2018, 12:36 AM   #1
Jason Tevepaugh
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1990 Ezgo Marathon Restoration Project

From what I was told is the cart was bought in 1993 to be used for riding around the original owners property. They said it run fine for a while and it stopped working and then they parked it and left it sitting in till the early 2000s when they took it to a mechanic and got it running. It later needed a new key ignition and they bought a motorcycle ignition. My dad installed it for them.

Then some time after he did that it stopped working in 2003. They parked it on a hill that had a steep incline and left it to the wraith of mother nature. It would sit on the hill for years I remember seeing it as a kid and always wondered what was up with it. After my dad left the military we moved to a gated community in 2014. Which everyone traveled around in a golf cart. Since we didn't have the money to dish out to get a newer cart. We did what any sane person would do.

We decided to go and get the cart. It was a hard task the cart was what seemed to be in decent shape for the fact it sat in the woods for years. We had to clear away some debris from around the cart to get to it. We pulled it out with our bayou and we took a second to glance over the cart. It was in decent shape. It still had the motor and all the parts. We loaded it up and took it home. My dad bought a new carb for it and got it running. He assumed the previous problems of it not running was the carb. It ran alright and then it stopped running. My dad got tired of it and then it sat in till 2017 where I decided to take up the project with some help of my dad.

We got it running and then in the summer of 2017 then the top end went out. Which it sat again and I need advice. Should I buy a new top end? Also if I buy a new top end should I go ahead and buy a rebuild for the bottom end to? The cart has rust on the frame and where the battery sat its rusted through. I'm guessing that's from the old battery when it sat in the woods. But, I'm thinking about tearing it down and sand blasting the frame and painting it and welding in a new bottom where the battery goes.

I'm going to add photos of my progress below. Also, thank you for your time reading this and helping me with bringing this cart back to its original glory.
I thought about naming the cart Rusted Glory. What do you guys think?
Jason Tevepaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #2
Jason Tevepaugh
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1990 Ezgo Marathon Restoration Project

I can't add pictures at the moment. I got to wait till Monday to post any sort of photo. But, I forgot to mention we added a crash guard from a 2011 ezgo txt. It looks pretty mean.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:54 AM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Go to the reply box.
Click go advanced.
Click on the paperclip.
A new box opens.
Upload 5 pictures directly to this site.
No waiting.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:30 AM   #4
Jason Tevepaugh
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's what it looks like at the moment. I'm trying to find a picture of it before I did work to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0028.jpg (97.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0029.jpg (176.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO