lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2019, 09:12 AM   #1
Lees23
Getting Wild

Default 2016 RXV gas in oil

Back story:

Purchased a 2016 RXV that had VERY little use. I guess the original owner died shortly after buying and it sat for a couple of year.

I purchased the cart second hand and overall it’s been great. Starts quickly, doesn’t smoke or smell and seems to run perfectly.

Early this spring when I changed the oil I noticed two things.

1. Kawasaki filter so a very high likelihood that the oil had never been changed.

2. Pretty obvious gas in the oil.

Think this is a carb issue? I am going to drain the oil this week to see if there is gas in the new oil. If so, what’s my next move?

Thanks.
Lees23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2016 RXV gas in oil

99% of the time it's a sticking float needle. When you change the oil I would also drain the gas tank and get rid of all the old gas in there. It won't do you any good...

I'd also pull the carb and give it a good cleaning. Lot of nasty stuff can accumulate in a year of sitting.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:37 AM   #3
Lees23
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
99% of the time it's a sticking float needle. When you change the oil I would also drain the gas tank and get rid of all the old gas in there. It won't do you any good...

I'd also pull the carb and give it a good cleaning. Lot of nasty stuff can accumulate in a year of sitting.
Thanks! It’s had several tanks of new gas run through it. If there is gas in the oil I will pull the carb and clean it.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
Lees23
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post

I guess I was the 1%. I pulled the carb out and didn’t see anything wrong but decided to replace it anyway. When I was hooking up the choke linkage I noticed that it was adjusted to be at about 1/3 choke without the choke being pulled out. I assume that the motor was just running way too rich.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO