lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #21
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 Workhorse 800

Did you ever get the tester like I suggested in post # 4 ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #22
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No I haven't been able to make it to napa. With new plugs both plugs have good fire until the passenger side plug fouls tried cracking the exhaust like you mentioned and both sides of the manifold stayed hot but it was still gutless and wouldn't have go the same as it did when only half the manifold was hot. New plugs and it runs good for just a minute or two then fouls a plug.
pacman377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #23
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Back in the day, I had a Harley Sportster. I could barely make it a few hundred feet before the rear plug fouled out. It was only the rear plug. It drove me crazy thinking it was an electrical problem. New plugs, new wires, new coil. I even ruined a digital meter by kicking it through while set on ohms. 40,000 volts through the meter fried it. Anyhow, I had installed drag pipes, and never re-jetted the carburetor. The lower back pressure is what was causing the trouble.

I suspect that you have a carburetor problem.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 06:29 PM   #24
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

In the video you showed I see the cheap coil installed. Can you show a picture of the other coil ?
This engine is clearly skipping on that one cylinder and that would cause the manifold not to be hot.
I think you got a bad coil.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #25
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
In the video you showed I see the cheap coil installed. Can you show a picture of the other coil ?
This engine is clearly skipping on that one cylinder and that would cause the manifold not to be hot.
I think you got a bad coil.
There you go, trying to make sense again....
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #26
pacman377
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here's the new one vs the old one. From what he paid I dont think the new one is a China one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200720_154232.jpg (203.9 KB, 0 views)
pacman377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:43 PM   #27
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

It don't matter how much one pays for a coil its the quality of the coil that matters.

I showed both as I have an aftermarket and OEM.

If I install the aftermarket on my cart it will spit back when I first give it the gas. The OEM will not do that. It takes the gas perfect. Otherwise the aftermarket runs ok.

Here are both and you can see the + and - in the OEM stamped in top of coil with numbers written on side. Top picture is the aftermarket one.

I have three OEM's and all have the same + and - and numbers on the side of them. The aftermarket has no marking at all.

I am not saying for sure that's your problem. I always keep one OEM in stock to check against what might drive me nuts trying to fix an issue like yours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo coils.jpg (317.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg coil showing + and -.jpg (206.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-20-2020, 08:27 PM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
It don't matter how much one pays for a coil its the quality of the coil that matters.

I showed both as I have an aftermarket and OEM.

If I install the aftermarket on my cart it will spit back when I first give it the gas. The OEM will not do that. It takes the gas perfect. Otherwise the aftermarket runs ok.

Here are both and you can see the + and - in the OEM stamped in top of coil with numbers written on side. Top picture is the aftermarket one.

I have three OEM's and all have the same + and - and numbers on the side of them. The aftermarket has no marking at all.

I am not saying for sure that's your problem. I always keep one OEM in stock to check against what might drive me nuts trying to fix an issue like yours.
After seeing an OEM, both if his look like china ones to me.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:35 PM   #29
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
After seeing an OEM, both if his look like china ones to me.
I think you are correct. I posted last year about a great coil that would work on these golf carts that is for a sea doo. I will post the link tomorrow when I get to my shop. These coils are heavy duty and they are much cheaper than these aftermarket clones
Old 07-20-2020, 08:50 PM   #30
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
I think you are correct. I posted last year about a great coil that would work on these golf carts that is for a sea doo. I will post the link tomorrow when I get to my shop. These coils are heavy duty and they are much cheaper than these aftermarket clones
I was just going to say something about the seadoo coil you're referencing....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO