lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Default Rear Seat Options

looking for some advice on a decent rear seat for my Club Car Ds 1992 model year.
primarily looking for a model that does not move the drivers backrest forward.

I've search but cant seem to find a thread dedicated to rear seats.

thank you all in advance.
sand dune coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2021, 08:31 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Rear Seat Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand dune coon View Post
looking for some advice on a decent rear seat for my Club Car Ds 1992 model year.
primarily looking for a model that does not move the drivers backrest forward.

I've search but cant seem to find a thread dedicated to rear seats.

thank you all in advance.
Steeleng Golf Cart Accessories, a BGW sponsor, has great economical rear seats:

https://steelenggolfcart.com/product...ar-flip-seats/

I have one and had to sacrifice an inch or more of legroom to install it. Both seat backs mount on one A-frame mount which move the front seatback forward a bit. It took a while to get used to it but I rarely notice it now.

I don't think you will find better ones for the price.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:16 PM   #3
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Thank you Tom,i apprecaite your responce. Problem is, im 6'4" and have a steeleng on a cart we use at work and its noticeably forward although its an ezgo, thats what im trying to avoid.

been looking at the mod-z or the madjax ( i like the storage area / cooler ) GTW Mach1.

cant decide, so here i am asking a question thats probably been beat to death. cant find much on the search here..
Old 11-29-2021, 10:33 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I ordered a modz flip4 for my extra golf cart from golf cart king the other day. They had a sale and I think it was $305 plus tax. It was supposed to be here today but it snowed so freed is showing it being delayed. maybe it will show tomorrow. I never thought to measure the back rear but I can measure before and after if it helps you, see how much it moves it forward. It’s going in a 99 DS.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:12 PM   #5
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

CP241, thank you, that would be great! sounds like a black Friday special, ive never seen them that cheap.

anyone know who makes the rear seat on this cart? 17:30 on the video, i like how the rear top struts attach, seems as though it might make for a more ridged roof, mine is pretty flimsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpiypRorwk
Old 11-30-2021, 05:04 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

The A-frame rear seat back supports are what pushes the seat backs forward. I was concerned when I first did my assembly, but I am only 6-10. It does get cramped but I've learned to adjust.

But at 6-4, you can't possibly adjust comfortably, hardly even where the seat back is now.

I do have a suggestion which will involve making a new seat back support that will put both seat backs more vertical. This should actually move the seatback further to the rear than it is now.

If you think this is something you might want to do, let me know and I'll try to detail it here.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:58 PM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand dune coon View Post
CP241, thank you, that would be great! sounds like a black Friday special, ive never seen them that cheap.

anyone know who makes the rear seat on this cart? 17:30 on the video, i like how the rear top struts attach, seems as though it might make for a more ridged roof, mine is pretty flimsy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpiypRorwk
I didn’t see any kind of markings on there so maybe it’s one of the knock off generic ones? Not sure… all the rear seat kits I’ve gotten are quite sturdy. I’ve installed several of the modz flip4’s and have a madjax on my “nice” cart. Between the madjax and the modz I personally think the modz is a little nicer.

Fedex is showing it finally out for delivery today. I’ll try and get it installed either later this weekend or early next week… I work Monday-sat this week. Plus it’s cold so motivation to put it on a cart I really don’t plan to keep is kinda low lol
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:30 AM   #8
cstarky15
Not Yet Wild

I've got a 91 ds with the gtw rear seat. I didn't take measurements before or after but don't recall it feeling different.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
cstarky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #9
sand dune coon
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstarky15 View Post
I've got a 91 ds with the gtw rear seat. I didn't take measurements before or after but don't recall it feeling different.

thank you, did you get the one with the storage compartment? i'm liking the idea of extra storage..
Old 12-02-2021, 05:38 PM   #10
cstarky15
Not Yet Wild

No extra storage for me. Probably should've with all the kid stuff.

cstarky15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car