lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Trevor33
Not Yet Wild

Default New Cart

I just bought a new cart, A G9, I bought it from a guy for $700, it did run but the battery is dead and that is the only thing that is the matter with it. It has a back seat and is in not to bad of condition. I plan to lift it and put sahara kings on there then trick it out with some high performance parts. I was wondering how fast these things go compared to a ez-go electric, and I was wondering if they have as much power as two cylinder club cars.

Last edited by Trevor33; 09-28-2007 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: error
Trevor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
Woodie1976
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Cart

i dont know about the 2 cyl CC's but i have a g2 yamaha and a electric ez-go here...... the yamaha with the govner turned in tight smokes the ez-go... i mean VERY noticable diffrence in speed..... the only thing about the g2 is it doesnt have as much torque as the ez-go.... the ez-go will wheelie and then go... where the g2 just goes

have fun with it and dont forget to post pics.... we like pics around here LOL
Woodie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Club Car's don't have a 2 cylinder engine. E-Z-GO uses a 9.0hp 295cc OHC Robin twin cylinder, Club Car uses a 9.5hp 286cc OHV Kawasaki FE290, and Yamaha uses a 8.5hp 285cc OHV Yamaha in the G2/G8/G9, a 9.5 or 10.0 301cc OHV Yamaha in the G16 and related vehicles, and an 11.4hp 357cc 357F Yamaha in the G22 and Drive.

E-Z-GO has, by far, the smoothest engine. But as far as overall durability and torque/power, I think I'd hand it to Club Car or Yamaha.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
Trevor33
Not Yet Wild

My bad, I guess the one I was going to buy two months ago had a engine swap. Pics are coming.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Great! We love pics!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
Trevor33
Not Yet Wild

here they are, My dad jumped the solonoid to see if the starter would turn over and it did so thats a good thing but something before the solonoid or the solonoid is bad.

It needs a whole new body and a good tune up.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Check with tungpo1 for an air filter, pre filter sleeve, in-tank fuel filter, inline fuel filter, drive belt, and dump 1 quart of synthetic oil in it. Should purr like a kitten.

What are the plans for the Club Car on the trailer?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
Trevor33
Not Yet Wild

Its actually not mine but my dads, ( got him into carts when I got myself into carts) He is getting a brand new body and making it an electric off-road cart for campgrounds, he bought it from the same guy I bought mine from in a package deal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha