lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
pin it to win it
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Mysterious Vibrations????

setup
1988 club car DS 6 inch lift 22's stock KF82 motor and clutches.

Here's the scoop recently when i would let off the gas and come to a complete stop and the get back on it no matter how hard, the cart would not move but it would shake the whole thing until i let off. this happens mostly on dirt and gravel, but it is at random, one day it won't do it. One day it will 4 or 5 times. as you can tell i am a little confused so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
pin it to win it is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
jiminpa
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Mysterious Vibrations????

If the cart is not moving at all when you have this issue, it is not related to the dirt/gravel. Your going to need to give us some more info here. Does the motor sound like it is working hard but the cart is not moving? does the motor sound like it is speeding up easily but the cart is not moving, (other than this vibration you're getting)? Your going to have to use some sort of make shift seat so that you can look at the drive components when it acts up, then just go out and drive and stop and drive and stop repeatedly until it happens, then look down and see if the drive belt is spinning or not or what else is happening when the cart is not moving but you are getting this vibration. I am almost thinking you may be having some sort of gear issue in the rear end/transaxle. I presume the motor is actually starting since you did not say it was not.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Axel hub?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
pin it to win it
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

sorry,ok so the motor sound like it is not working hard-just like normal, it wants to speed up but vibrates. I lifted the seat after it happened and smelt like burnt rubber i'm assuming it was from the belt slipping, but what would be causing this? and what are some solutions to try?
Old 08-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Check if brakes are sticking.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
pin it to win it
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

checked em, nothing was stick ing cleaned everything and they work fine. this one has got me puzzled.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The smell of burnt rubber should be your tell-tale; other than your tyres you only have two other options, the belt on the S/ G and the drive belt. If nothing in the drive train is sticking or being a nuisance perhaps you have an issue with a worn or poorly adjusted belt ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
vzdude
Gone Wild

^^ Agreed ^^ A belt replacement would be the cheapest and easiest thing to try..... next I would be looking at a sticking drive clutch.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
pin it to win it
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Didn't have a belt on hand so i figured i would flip it around and try. it helped but not fully solved. I am going to take apart the cluthches clean'em and replace the belt, weights and springs with ones from carts parts. has anyone used there springs, would you recommend them, should i get both or just one?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #10
vzdude
Gone Wild

CPP rebuilt mine at a VERY reasonable price. Machined both as well, and were very fast in doing it all! Whatever they say - DO ! lol Unless you have engine upgrades he usually recommends just the torque spring and machining the drive clutch. I (against his advice) had the front clutch machined as well, planning on future upgrades, and not wanting the extra down time! Call them. Very good to talk to and FULL of knowledge!
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1988 clubcar
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car