lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
jmodc
Not Yet Wild

Default intermittant sputtering

I have a 94 gas club car that when it hits a bump it will just die. Then when you press the gas it will crank but when you push it down further to go it will only sputter and just sit there. After a rest it will suddenly work fine. I've put a new spark plug in and checked all the micro switches. Has anyone had this problem?
jmodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: intermittant sputtering

If it ONLY happens after you hit a bump, it is most likely a loose connection somewhere or perhaps a poor ground. The sputtering when you try to restart is interesting though since it sounds as if it is trying to fire which suggests that the connection is being made but only intermittently. The "cooling off" and restart issue sounds symptomatic of an igniter/coil going bad.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
jmodc
Not Yet Wild

I will check all the wires and make sure it is not connection problem. Could it be a clutch problem? I can push the gas and it starts, it just will not go. Sometimes it moves a couple of feet and then just sits there with the engine running? Thanks....
jmodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It could be a clutch going bad but I would check and see if your belt is badly worn before going that route. If you can, jack up the rear end and see if the belt transitions up and down the clutches when you hit the gas pedal, however, the cart will behave differently when you apply its and your weight on the wheels. Think of it this way; a slipping automobile clutch will spin the wheels easily enough when the car is raised but apply a load and you will feel it slip.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car