lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
westerntextures
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 Workhorse ST350 suddenly leaking oil

Had my cart for quite a while now and its always ran great, took my kiddos back roadin' the other day and after about 5 miles, I smelled smoke. Oil was everywhere, so I got out the brake cleaner, removed the valve cover and cleaned both it and the o ring, re tightened. Added oil and tried going a 1/4 mile or so the next morning and it did it again...have since installed new o-ring and re-tightened valve cover and its still leakin. I'm pullin my hair out lookin all over the motor for where it is coming from, but it still looks like it's all coming from the top end of the motor (valve cover). Any help would be greatly appreciated....
westerntextures is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Workhorse ST350 suddenly leaking oil

If it's leakin that bad I'd put it on stands, put it in neutral and remove the seat while I accelerated it wacthing for the leak to pinpoint it. It could be a cracked valve cover possibly letting the pressurized oil that circulates through the cover leak out. Just a guess til' you can get it up on stands and get a closer look. A small crack might be hard to see til you tighten that cover and it spreads out a little. Get back with us and let us know..
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
Ol Jake
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Two things to check, first check the breather tube that comes out of the crankcase into the bottom of your air box. If that's kinked it'll build pressure and push it out the crank seal and the fan will blow it all over the motor. Secondly check your oil level. The 350's are very sensitive to overfilling. Then it usually pushes it into the airbox.

It's a start.....good luck and keep us posted with what you come up with.
Ol Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ive had the dipstick rubber get worn and it throws oil out of the tube everywhere
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO