lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Possible G16 Purchase this week - some questions first though

Nice I'm looking for one just like that, but with a blown engine.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #22
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
WELL ... The trip went well, and I can't believe the deal I got (or at least I believe it to be). The cart was built in 10/97 and was bought new from the dealer in September of '98 by the guy I bought it from's father, been a private cart since (I actually got the original invoice w the cart). The kid got his hands on it last spring and had a local shop do the Jakes kit, etc and put in the stereo system himself - but that's not the point, the point is the cart is clean as a whistle (other than the salt spray from a 100 mile ride home) - even the battery box is decent, a couple of tiny spots on the lip where the paint is lifting but that's it. 7 degrees outside, it started a bit sluggish but once fired and a lap or two around the parking lot was had, she runs like a top !!!

The best part, including Gas, Lunch, and Red Bull I'm into it for just under $1300 all told

Attachment 80246

Attachment 80247

Attachment 80248

NOW, first off the steel offset rims gotta go (easy fix) and I'm def gonna get some flares on there, a REAL light kit, stereo enclosure, etc (although the top is pretty **** noisy for someone used to open carts so that decision could go either way) - THEN hopefully it's warm enough to get some real riding in and mess w the governor (she does 19.7 on the GPS now so I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement there) - At any rate, thanks for the pointers and I guess You'll be seeing me around THIS forum too for awhile !!!
Nothing wrong with that cart. It's in great shape! You got a great buy on that cart. Only thing you need is the spring/spacer torque kit for 50 dollars (if it don't already have one, didn't look like it but can't tell), and bypass the governor so it will run 30+ mph.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #23
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Sweet!!I bypassed the Govenor on Kims' 96 G16,added 21" tires.I bought the Torque-Spring and never used it.The cart pulls hard,even uphill.Give the primary-clutch a shot of grease,no one ever does.I scored hers for $550,stock with a top.The body and seats are nice,but its' rusted bad underneath.The battery-tray was gone(Like-Missing), rocker-panels are completely shot,but the covers were still there.I bent up new ones,have to install them still.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #24
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

does the primary have a grease fitting or something pachanga?
very nice looking cart,,trader
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Yup,There is a Zerk on the side of the clutch,right along the seam where the tin-cover meets the sheave.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #26
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

See, I KNEW this addiction hadn't gone away, just hidden for awhile ....

I've already got about a $600 shopping list, rims, torque spring, header, K&N, Light Kit ... But I think I'll get some really good pics in the morning and ask a few questions before I progress, LOL (I hate to say it, but the forums have actually taught me a thing or two along the way, hahahaha) ...

How do I tell if this has a Torque Spring in it? I ask because the kid had it set up with the lift, bigger tires, etc at a dealer, and at least in MY opinion it actually pulls like a banshee (2 of us up a hill with 3" of hardpack snow like it was nothing, and although the hill was short - like 100 yards - it was steep as he** ) ??? I'm wondering if they didn't throw one in, although the governor seems to be doing it's job and appears to be completely stock (from the pics I've seen) ... Short-term (and I mean SHORT, we have 6-8" of fresh snow coming tomorrow night) I'm going to mess w the Governor adjustment and see how much is left there before I go rerunning the cable or drilling the arm.

NOW - as long as I'm a technical "Newbie" again, being my first Yamaha - anyone want to chime in on the Zemco Header/Jet/K&N $300 debacle, either in support or to talk some sense into me?
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #27
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Brew,I unhooked both cables at the govenor,and made a small plate to make up the length between the arms.Then pinned both cables to it.I tried hooking them together,but I couldn't get the adjustment right,thats why I used a plate.It has plenty of power and goes pretty quick for a stocker,I was very impressed when I got it.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #28
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The torque springs are generally colored. Jakes are white( most common). Plowmans has several colors that they will sell for your type of needs. If they replaced the spring they should have also replaced the circlip with a spacer. The spacer is more noticeable than the circlip. Look between the spring seat and trans housing for the spacer. The spacer will be about 1/4" wide.

I have had the best luck with the Plowmans springs.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #29
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The stock factory spring is black. The last picture the gap between the spring seat and trans appears to me it has a spacer.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #30
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Congrats on the cart. Looks to be in great shape and definitely a good price.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha