lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2015, 06:36 PM   #11
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car not charging

One more question -- Now that I have the batteries charged and before I get the DPI charger.. How do I Leave the wires set to drive the cart.. The way they were originally sensor wire and neg wire back to where they were or leave like I have them now or maybe a third way???
acramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can leave the way it is so you can manually charge the batteries until the new smart charger arrives.

You will also need to bypass the OBC lockout in order to remove it from the cart, is your cart a series or regen?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #13
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Series... dont have a tow switch...
Old 02-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

To by-pass the OBC charger lockout on your cart, just run a new wire to replace the small yellow wire on the solenoid coil negative side.

The new wire (16ga) should go directly to pack negative or B-, whichever is more convinient.

Just remember the cart will drive even if the DPI charger is plugged in.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #15
acramer
Not Yet Wild

The only small yellow wire is coming from underneath the front seat and goes to the positive post of the batteries right in front of the Pack neg post battery. Is this the one your talking about? If not -- not sure what other wire you want me to put on Pack negative battery post...
Old 02-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What are the small gauge wire colors connected to the solenoid coil?

Can You tell which color is connected to the stripped side of the diode (or the + symbol on the solenoid small post)?
Old 02-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #17
acramer
Not Yet Wild

All right -- I do have a yellow wire coming off the solenoid neg side. So if I understand correctly now. I take that yellow wire off the solenoid and replace it with a 16ga wire one end on solenoid and other to the neg pack post.. that will bypass OBC.. Also What about other wires now before putting the DPI Charger on the cart... Like I have now with sensor wire and black wire also on the neg pack post. Or just the yellow solenoid wire on the neg pack post and sensor wire back to where it was and reconnect the black wire to the fuse.....
Old 02-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #18
acramer
Not Yet Wild

forgot to mention.. I never did ck the black wire that goes to the OBC for continuity. The one you mention many post ago...
Old 02-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBC provides negative to the Yellow wire when the OEM charger is NOT connected (OBC Lockout is OFF).

You got it right, just run the negative side of the solenoid directly to pack negative.

The DPI charger needs both the positive and negative leads from the charger receptacle running directly to pack positive and negative. It should be how you have it already.

The DPI charger does not use the sense wire, but if you leave it in place as is now (directly to pack negative), it will not affect the DPI charger but it will allow You to use your OEM (or anyone else's if you sell yours) charger as an emergency backup charger.

You should visually check to make sure the existing negative lead from the charger receptacle goes all the way to the OBC without being pinched under one of the batteries.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #20
acramer
Not Yet Wild

Today I stopped at a golf cart shop.. since I live in Florida there are quite a few to choose from.. They were telling me 2 things. One if I buy a DPI Charger it run continuous and wont shut off since im bypassing the OBC> I didnt believe that was so. Is there a shutoff with the DPI Charger?. If not why dont I just use a timer with the PowerDrive I have. The other thing they said normally if the OBC goes bad you would have brown burnt spots somewhere on the front of the tan OBC front... Is that true?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car