lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #1
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Brake Pedal Stop Torn Up (Guys in the cart service industry, chime in!)

Working for the golf course, I have noticed something on the fleet of 03 DS IQ carts about the rubber stopper under the brake pedal, and that is that most of the carts have had them bent or broken and the pedal travels WAY far back toward the driver. On some of the carts, it has even mashed into the floorboard about a half inch. This results in a buttload of free-travel in the brake pedal before it hits the point where it actuates the brakes.

I've been replacing stoppers and fixing the issues instead of just cranking the nuts on the adjuster rod up to compensate, but I was just wondering if this is a common problem with these carts??? I never noticed this issue on the series carts where the stopper is on the gas pedal and not the brake.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Brake Pedal Stop Torn Up (Guys in the cart service industry, chime in!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Working for the golf course, I have noticed something on the fleet of 03 DS IQ carts about the rubber stopper under the brake pedal, and that is that most of the carts have had them bent or broken and the pedal travels WAY far back toward the driver. On some of the carts, it has even mashed into the floorboard about a half inch. This results in a buttload of free-travel in the brake pedal before it hits the point where it actuates the brakes.

I've been replacing stoppers and fixing the issues instead of just cranking the nuts on the adjuster rod up to compensate, but I was just wondering if this is a common problem with these carts??? I never noticed this issue on the series carts where the stopper is on the gas pedal and not the brake.
Maybe due to the issue of the brake pedal slapping back after being locked when someone presses the gas pedal
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Brake Pedal Stop Torn Up (Guys in the cart service industry, chime in!)

I'm not following you here.... IQ cars and Series cars both have the same pedal configuration and the rubber bumper is a problem on both of them. They always break and fall apart.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

On the series carts I'm accustomed to (older V-glide ones) the stopper is in front of the go pedal and it limits pedal travel back toward the driver and also serves as a way to adjust the wiper on the V-glide so that it can get full range and still trigger the microswitch. On these carts, the stopper is under the brake pedal and limits brake pedal travel toward the driver by hitting the bottom of the frame rail.

Is it all that common for the bumper to be so far gone the pedal comes back and over time gashes into the floorboard? That seems to be the case with almost all these carts.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #5
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
On the series carts I'm accustomed to (older V-glide ones) the stopper is in front of the go pedal and it limits pedal travel back toward the driver and also serves as a way to adjust the wiper on the V-glide so that it can get full range and still trigger the microswitch. On these carts, the stopper is under the brake pedal and limits brake pedal travel toward the driver by hitting the bottom of the frame rail

David, like this

IMG_20141209_155116326.jpg
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
David, like this

Attachment 116987
Just like that! (Only usually not so ugly, darn Craigslist pile )
Old 03-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

That's pre 1996 style.... It's not because it's a series car, it's just old. I hated that design because you couldn't adjust the pedal height without affecting the brake engagement. It was a real pain in the rear. To answer your question, yes it's very common for the brake pedal bumper to wear out, but that same pedal bumper is present even on the older cars. The rubber bumper in the picture is exclusively for accelerator adjustment and has nothing to do with the brake pedal. The brake pedal has it's own separate bumper, the same bumper with the same part number, that hits the driver's side frame rail the same as the new cars do.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Son of a gun, after ALL the years of crawling under these carts, I've never had to adjust or replace a brake stopper, so I guess I've just never noticed it! That's embarrassing, but at least I learned something. Thanks David!

And it's good to know it's common. I just have never seen the issue so prevalent on the older carts, but these carts seem to all have it - must be due to the fact that the golfers always allow the brake to slap back when the accelerator is pressed like Nick said.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:34 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Son of a gun, after ALL the years of crawling under these carts, I've never had to adjust or replace a brake stopper, so I guess I've just never noticed it! That's embarrassing, but at least I learned something. Thanks David!

And it's good to know it's common. I just have never seen the issue so prevalent on the older carts, but these carts seem to all have it - must be due to the fact that the golfers always allow the brake to slap back when the accelerator is pressed like Nick said.
Yep. Golfers are abusive creatures.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #10
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Yep. Golfers are abusive creatures.
In the worst way. Truly amazing how much damage they can inflict on a poor cart in very short order.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car