lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Trying to get to 30mph w/23" tires

Well I purchased a motor from Plum Quick some time ago and gave them my specs on what I have and what I want out of the new motor. What I wanted was a minimum of 30mph on my cart. That did not happen.

I have read many times in here of 30mph and over. Please post up if you are in this category and provide a description of your setup.

I have a 1996 EZGO TXT with 48V, Plum Quick custom build (whatever) and 23" tires.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trying to get to 30mph w/23" tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
Well I purchased a motor from Plum Quick some time ago and gave them my specs on what I have and what I want out of the new motor. What I wanted was a minimum of 30mph on my cart. That did not happen.

I have read many times in here of 30mph and over. Please post up if you are in this category and provide a description of your setup.

I have a 1996 EZGO TXT with 48V, Plum Quick custom build (whatever) and 23" tires.
I've hit 31.8 with my 96 TXT sepex and 48v
when I did my speed runs I removed the windshield
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What size tires? Sepex, I have a Series
Old 03-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

My CC XRT with 72 volts and PQ rattle snake 2 will do 40mph plus on 20" tires, I keep it under 35 for safety I am going to put 22" inch tires on it so 40mph won't be spinning the motor so fast.

My big EZGO cart at 72 volts with 2 D&D torque motors will do 31 mph top speed with 25" tires.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Tell me more about your PQ motor, and any other mods on your cart.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #6
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

And what speed are you hitting?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #7
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I got absolutely no information with the motor when it was delivered and when I asked Robby (?) he was not happy to talk with me and said nobody else has had problems with his motors.
I have a Jakes long travel lift in front, HD springs in the rear, Alltrax 48500, rear discs from Scotty B, front disc from Jakes and 2 ga cables on Trojan batteries less than a year old.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #8
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

I would check you programing on the Alltrax, and check battery voltage at full speed.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Mathematically, with 23" tires and stock differential gears (12.44:1), the motor will have to spin at 5,454 RPM to move cart at 30 MPH.

The size stamped on the sidewall of the tires is nominal size, so the true height can be an inch or more off in either direction. To get a reasonably accurate tire height, use a yardstick and level to physically measure them.

Also, if the tires are the low pressure type (Max inflation pressure of 10 PSI or less stamped on sidewall), the tops speed may be considerably less than the math says it will be.

The windshield will be bucking a lot of air and keeping the top speed down also.

What is your true tire height and what was your max speed on level ground with the stock motor with same tires and battery pack?

If it was much less the 23 MPH, something is holding your cart back.
IE: 14 MPH is stock. 28% speed gain from 23" tires and 33% speed gain going from 36V to 48V.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Jonnie, I had 22mph on stock tires and 36V with an older Alltrax controller. It would be very helpful if I had cooperation from PQ when I asked the questions so I have no idea what the RPMs are rated at for that motor.

The top speed now is 27mph with a fresh charge (53.1V while on the trickle charge). This was right after the motor change. I will look at the tire pressure when I get home.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO