lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2015, 03:22 PM   #1
ldccorp
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 ez-go electric 36v serial drive won't move

I have an issue with a 97 ezgo electric cart, serial. When I got the cart last year, I replaced shocks, springs, batteries and cables. I cleaned all electric connections and basically made the cart run. It has been running great. Last weekend, we noticed a burning odor, and a little while later, it quit moving. The power is on, the solenoid clicks, the lights operate, but the buggy wheels won't move, even lifted off the ground. Any ideas about what to start looking at? Thanks in advance for any advice.
ldccorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check all the large battery cables. Check the forward and reverse switch located on the passengers side beside the batteries. Sounds like you have loose connection that has created enough heat to melt something.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #3
CaptainPete
Getting Wild

Default Re: 97 ez-go electric 36v serial drive won't move

I agree, smell of burning came from my F/R switch, cables were loose, ended up getting a heavy duty one from Scotty B.
CaptainPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPete View Post
I agree, smell of burning came from my F/R switch, cables were loose, ended up getting a heavy duty one from Scotty B.
I agree, & gd looking avatar there Captain
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
ldccorp
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, guys, for all of the welcomes and advice. I got out this am and started checking everything electrical. Wires and nuts are all tight and nothing obvious is wrong. When I put it in gear and push the pedal, either f/r, nothing happens. The solenoid clicks (u can feel and hear it), the r buzzer works, there's a full charge on the batteries (38.5vdc), the brakes work, and so on, but from the controller or motor, I'm getting nothing. Any ideas on how to isolate one from the other?
Old 05-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #6
ldccorp
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again guys. I found the issue by following all of the wires from the controller, f/r gear, and solenoid. It was hard to see, but I followed a 4ot cable from the f/r gear to the bottom of the motor. It didn't look bad, but when I checked it at the motor, it was burnt through. Replaced it today (with a 4ot battery cable) and it works like a champ. have fun playing with your buggys.
Old 05-09-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

👍🏻👍🏻 Thanks for the update. It may help someone in the future.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:54 AM   #8
benny429
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
👍🏻👍🏻 Thanks for the update. It may help someone in the future.
Yes, most of the time (I'm new here, but have been on this internet thing for years) people get an answer and never reply. You don't know if it worked or if their golf cart, gun, truck, etc. blew up!
benny429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #9
CaptainPete
Getting Wild

Good catch, when stuff like that happens check the other cables good, when I got new batteries the cables looked good but I replaced them anyway for peace of mind.
CaptainPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
won't move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO