lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #31
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Heavy duty leaf springs?

I still might remove one more leaf it only took me 15 minutes to do both side last night. I currently have 3 on the cart. But removing that 4th helped out big time.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #32
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
Well **** kick me right in the NUTS. If I would have known I would have saved $75.00

I hate that when that happens!
When I bought my medium duty set, I also got the helper leafs... mostly just to keep the rear height somewhat even with the front!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:50 PM   #33
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

I've put a li'l longer shackle on the back of my '88. Gave me about 1" of lift. Rides super smooth.
Usage is 90% golf.

2 200+ riders (I'm 240) and 2 60+ bags.

Rides great. Will bottom on big "hits"..

Dunno if that helps.
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #34
jimbo5775
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just installed the heavy duty 2 leaf springs and put in new bushings on the back bracket and it looks good, wanted to take it for a ride but while I was replacing the springs I got in a hurry and took to much off at one time and dropped the axle and motor rolled forward. Now when I put it in reverse it just pulses then put it in forward it still pulses in reverse. Looks like I still have work to do. Maybe a good excuse to upgrade motor and controller. Got leaf springs from cartpartsplus.com $115.00 free shipping quick delivery.
jimbo5775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #35
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dmt View Post
I've put a li'l longer shackle on the back of my '88. Gave me about 1" of lift. Rides super smooth.
Usage is 90% golf.

2 200+ riders (I'm 240) and 2 60+ bags.

Rides great. Will bottom on big "hits"..

Dunno if that helps.
I started out with new extended auto shackles from an auto discount store. It gave me the height I wanted so I could clear the 22 inch tires, but the springs were just too old and weak. So, I purchased new, American made three leaf HD springs. This sucker bounces and jars the heck out of me now, but I will be able to put to big bodies on the back when I get through, and not have to worry about it bottoming out. I did have to put shock extenders on once I installed the shackles. I got them at an auto parts store also.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #36
Blitzkrieg
Getting Wild
Club Car

Location: Hell, Fl. Sucking the life out of old geezers, one drop of sweat at a time !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
The shortest leaf is just a "helper" leaf, (and yeah... it's that easy taking that one off!)
On my buddies, I removed the 2nd shortest leaf... he claims it helped, but when I rode it it... it didn't seem too!

2 sets of HD leafs on my cart, (Stock Club Car, and All Sports) and I couldn't stand EITHER of them!
I went with the Medium Duty leaf springs Cart Parts Plus had... Big improvement! (even with a rear seat!)

Good luck!
Thanks bro, excellent heads up, just looked them over on their site and will order them tomorrow with the new rear seat kit i want made by Steeleng. You just saved me a lot of grief with experimenting and trial and error. I owe you a beer,,,make that a case of beer
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car