lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
mikerose
Not Yet Wild

Default powerwise ii charger

is it ok or safe to replace the original 3mf capacitor witha 4 mf capacitor?
mikerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: powerwise ii charger

Needs to match the original one. I bet you bought one & found the other in your charger? It will affect the output of the charger to use the wrong one. Could also be harmful to the charger if it were to cause a higher than normal amp output.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #3
mikerose
Not Yet Wild

ok. havent bought one yet. but my powerwise charger goes to 20 and then charges all night, but my powerwise ii charger goes to 10 and then falls to below 5. shouldnt my powerwise ii charger also go to 20 and then fall from there?
mikerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Both of them should climb to about 20A when first plugged into cart and then the amps should start decreasing as the pack voltage climbs above about 40V, then should level out at about 5A or so as the pack voltage climbs above 42V and stay at about 5A until charger shuts of when the pack voltage climbs into the 44V to 46v range.

A blown diode could cause the PW-II to only go to 10A, but it could be the capacitor.

Checking the diodes with an Ohmmeter is the quickest/easiest, so I'd do that first.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO