lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
MRBREEZE
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Regen problem

When I let up on the accelerator (not all the way just to slow down a bit) regen kicks in and the buzzer activates like it does in a roll off situation. This problem has just started. I have the high speed magnet which is supposed to disable the regen. I tried a new speed sensor to no avail. Any idea on what could cause this? 2007 Club Car Precedent.
MRBREEZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Regen problem

Sounds like a loss of "TPS" to the controller,

the buzzer activates like it does in a roll off situation

I would try letting off the pedal to make it do the regen and then press or release a little more to see if it still does it,
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

This sounds like an intermittent short in the internal microswitch of the MCOR. To check this, locate the MCOR. It can be found underneath the floormat bolted to the passenger side of the accelerator pedal. You'll see two plugs plugged into it. Unplug the Two-pin plug with the Blue and Green wires. Install a jumper in place to jump the green to the blue wire within the two-pin connector on the wire harness. Drive the vehicle with the jumper in place. If the problem is gone, replace the MCOR. The 2007 Precedent should have a Gen1 Pedal assembly with an MCOR2 (Part Number 102528501). For information on identifying your pedal assembly go to this thread... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...explained.html
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
MRBREEZE
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

glask.... thanks I tried the test but the the condition doesn't change. The cart stays in the roll off condition and the regen brake is active. The only way to resume motion is to completely let off the accelerator and then return to speed.

TahoeDawgZ71...thank you for your response as well. I tried that test but the problem remained.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You could have a solenoid problem. When a solenoid fails and randomly drops out these are the symptoms that come with it
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #6
MRBREEZE
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

TahoeDawgZ71...I can certainly appreciate that logic although I would think if it were a solenoid problem it would show itself at any throttle position. There is no problem as long as the throttle is any where between 1/3 to WOT. The problem only happens upon deceleration between 1/3 throttle and pedal full up. Before this problem occured when the throttle was lifted the cart would coast without any "roll away warning" such as when coming to a stop sign. The regen brake would work sometime and not at others (strange). Once I put in the high speed magnet the regen brake did not work at all as it should per the instructions that were included. Fortunately I have a friend that is letting me exchange parts tomorrow and I will post when I come up with the culprit. I am suspicious of the controller at this point.

Thank you
Old 07-19-2015, 08:50 PM   #7
greg-g
Gone Wild

You can simulate this by turning your key off while driving a moderately slow speed I'll add and it will do the same thing so anything in the key switch wiring solenoid wiring could cause this problem I would be looking for a bad connection in those areas, I would also double check the Mcor using an ohm meter and check resistance at the controller.
Also this is not regen breaking that you are experiencing it is more of a plug breaking so your solenoid is dropping out too soon I would double check my speed sensor also
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #8
MRBREEZE
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the input. I just swapped out the controller. The problem is solved. It is with the controller.

Think I am going with a 400 amp Alltrax as a replacement.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:47 PM   #9
MRBREEZE
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After putting my controller back on my cart and taking a test ride the problem has disappeared. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way. I assume there was some kind of bad connection in the controller. I did remove the cover to have a peek inside.

Thanks for everyone's input.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car