lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
Fitz25
Not Yet Wild

Default DS will not accelerate

I bought a 2001 DS a couple of months ago. Installed all new Golf Cart batteries. It worked great until last night. When I went to accelerate I can hear the motor click but it will not go forward or reverse. Could it be the V-Glide needs to be replaced?
Fitz25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: DS will not accelerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz25 View Post
I bought a 2001 DS a couple of months ago. Installed all new Golf Cart batteries. It worked great until last night. When I went to accelerate I can hear the motor click but it will not go forward or reverse. Could it be the V-Glide needs to be replaced?
36 or 48 Volt? If 48, does it have a lever operated F&R Switch or a Toggle/Rocker style switch? Pics would help. Also include the vehicle serial number.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
Hurri
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine is doing same thing. What's a V-glide?
2001 48v
Terry

Dawg
mine has the lever. Any ideas? While on jack stands it will sometimes run very slow and sometimes won't run at all. Can hear and feel solenoid click.
Hurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurri View Post
Mine is doing same thing. What's a V-glide?
2001 48v
Terry

Dawg
mine has the lever. Any ideas? While on jack stands it will sometimes run very slow and sometimes won't run at all. Can hear and feel solenoid click.
It could be a number of things from low battery voltage to improper throttle signal, to a bad controller. The V-Glide is the pie shaped box under the driver's seat bolted to the frame. It's purpose is to provide throttle signal to the motor controller so it can regulate speed based on the input from the pedal. The first thing I'd do is pull the small wires from terminals number 2 and 3 of the controller. They are green and yellow. Insert the leads of a multimeter into the ends of these wires and set the meter to 20k ohms. You're looking for a resistance of 5000 ohms with the pedal up and 0 ohms with the pedal down. Try that and let me know what you find. Do this with the key on and the shift lever in Forward.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car