lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Club Precedent rear seat help , Madjax, Need Advice

I'm about install a Madjax rear seat, and not happy about their strut supports

I have a 2014 Club Precedent, see build here, with LED's on rear roof

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...tery-more.html

I like the basket in the rear, and plastic supports , as they have rain gutters built into them

With the Madjax Gensis 150 rear seat, I just found out I have to remove all the plastic supports, basket etc, and use their thin metal rear supports

Is this common, and are most ok with their rear supports ? I'm worried the top will not be as stable with their thin metal supports on the cart ?

I just watched another You Tube Video, and they used a rear seat where a bracket just slide under the rear plastic basket/supports, and much easier to install and better looking

Any idea's? Should I just go with the Madjax rear seat?
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Precedent rear seat help , Madjax, Need Advice

I have the one where you keep your original supports and basket. I searched long and hard for it as I hated all the aftermarket top supports. it came from a company called Steeleng.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4222.jpg (156.1 KB, 0 views)
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #3
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

The Genesis is a bit more of a pain to install than the other lines, however it is very sturdy and you'll have no issues with stability. I have installed hundreds of them over the years and they have never failed me. The genesis line has a more "over engineered" seat attachment bracket design that I thoroughly complained about to my madjax rep but he told me that the genesis was a basic copy of another popular seat design that sold more than any other in history. I personally don't care for them, but they are requested frequently. You'll find the little brackets that install under the seat to the uprights to be what I'm saying is a pain....you have to get the nuts on the bolts under the seat pan and ........you'll find out what I mean
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #4
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks. I started to install it tonight, and I see what you mean. Theirs no room for the nuts

I stopped, because I'm not sure I want to continue. I may just craigslist it

I wasn't happy with the big gap between the rear seat and front back rest now

I'm thinking of just putting everything back, and buying another seat

Anyone have a photo with the rear seat installed and what the gap looks like between the front back rest and the rear seat?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
I have the one where you keep your original supports and basket. I searched long and hard for it as I hated all the aftermarket top supports. it came from a company called Steeleng.
How easy was it to install?

Do you have any other pics?
Old 08-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #6
1970buick
Gone Wild

Install was simple. I have taken it off/on a few times for cleaning and maintenance. As for pictures, search my threads and I have an entire one devoted to the build
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks

I'm considering selling my Madjax one now and buying theirs
Old 08-27-2015, 08:51 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I like my Madjax, maybe the "genesis" is different, but You can see from this picture the distance between the seats.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...extender_2.jpg

Actually, if You notice the rear seat is closer to the rear axle than on the models that push the rear seat back, so there is less stress on the rear suspension when folks are riding back there.

That picture was from a home made extension I use in the winter for a longer cart cover, but if You look at the green circles, I like how they have "gusset plates", my neighbor has the steeleng model in his DS and is not near as sturdy design.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 AM   #9
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I like my Madjax, maybe the "genesis" is different, but You can see from this picture the distance between the seats.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...extender_2.jpg

Actually, if You notice the rear seat is closer to the rear axle than on the models that push the rear seat back, so there is less stress on the rear suspension when folks are riding back there.

That picture was from a home made extension I use in the winter for a longer cart cover, but if You look at the green circles, I like how they have "gusset plates", my neighbor has the steeleng model in his DS and is not near as sturdy design.

Thank you. Pictures say a 1000 words. Perfect. It shows the front seat still has an angle, which I was concerned about it being straight up and down. It also shows the area between the seats.

To be honest, if I would have known this, and wanted the bag well area removed, I would have went with their Max5 , with the bigger supports etc

Now knowing this, I'll probably keep the Madjax seat now

I was really leaning towards the Steeleng, but that set up doesn't look bad.

Are the rear supports sturdy enough to support the roof, front seat, rear seat etc?
Old 08-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It is pretty solid, each of the roof supports is anchored in two places, at the very bottom to the base of the fold out cargo area and close to the top of the back rests.

The moonsoon drain is also functional as the water is diverted inside the roof supports.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car