lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Beach Bound
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax NCX300 vs DCX300 controller

My 1997 Ezgo TXT DCS 36V has a bad motor (verified broken field wires) which also fried the controller. Both were stock. Motor was the 73124G01 and controller was 73144g01 (Cutris 1206 SX?).

I use the cart on flat ground at the beach, mostly paved. It has a rear seat, but not lifted and has stock tires. The batteries are 2012. It served me well for about 10 years.

I'm trying to get it going again without investing too much since it is beginning to rust, so not looking for a major upgrade with batteries, wires and solenoid.

I am thinking I'll go back with the AMD 36-volt (2.25-hp@2565 rpm) stock motor and an Alltrax controller. I'm thinking the 300A version so I won't have to upgrade wires and solenoid.

My question is, should I go with the NCX 300 that is cheaper but can't be programmed, or can I get a speed or torque advantage by spending a little more for the programmable DCX 300?
Beach Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax NCX300 vs DCX300 controller

Not sure which beach your are at but Plum Quick could probably fix/upgrade your motor. As for the NCX vs DCX, the DCX is I think $30 more and has the advantage of tweaking it if needed. It also would allow you to put it in another cart in the future with the correct adapter. A 400 amp is about $50 more than that but can be turned down current wise but has upgrade capabilities for the future.

My 2 cents would be to fix your motor, buy the DCX400 and turn it down a little. When you want to upgrade, buy a solenoid and at least 4 gauge wires and turn it up..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #3
Beach Bound
Not Yet Wild

Thanks KGSC. When I finally decide to upgrade I'm sure that I'll sell this cart, along with the controller and buy something newer.
That said, will I be able to make program changes to the DCX300 that improves performance over the NCX300 since I'm using other stock components? If so, I'll spend the extra, otherwise I don't need it to be programable.
Beach Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You won't be able to change performance per se but you can change characteristics like throttle rate and regen and a few other things. Now if you do go with a better than stock motor you would see a difference in the 400 and 300 but the 400 would need a larger solenoid soon.. Stock will work but..

I would at least go for the DCX300 just in case something does happen to the cart you would be able to salvage the controller. I think it is worth the $30..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

NCX designed to be a stock replacement control. Not for lifted carts with bigger tires or carts with rear seats... certainly not for carts that run in the sand
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alltrax, dcx300, ncx300
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car