lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
DIRTPIT HC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery fill system

Do you still have to check the water level with these systems? I would say that is 99% of the time spent check and/or filling. I wouldn't trust that more than putting my eyes on the level a couple times a month and filling when necessary.
DIRTPIT HC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2016, 10:01 AM   #12
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I do not like fill systems! Not worth it for a personal cart. Filling batteries the old fashioned way doesn't take much time or effort.
My position exactly... Due to my work I check my batteries once every 6 weeks and my cart stays on charge 24/7 to which I've only needed to top off once in 2.5 years... As to how to fill and with what, I simply drilled a 1/8" hole in the cap of a used water bottle and filled with distilled water...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #13
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTPIT HC View Post
Do you still have to check the water level with these systems? I would say that is 99% of the time spent check and/or filling. I wouldn't trust that more than putting my eyes on the level a couple times a month and filling when necessary.
The ones I use have a series of three plastic balls that rotate when the water is passing thru the hose and they will stop moving when the batteries are full.
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #14
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Usually, when you can get the whole story, the disasters were series of malfunctions that would have been discovered if there had been more "hands on" and "eyes on" attention given.

My thinking is that golf cart batteries are like the women in your life, if you don't give them you're undivided attention once and a while they will bite you in butt.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

An additional problem with the fill systems is they fill the batteries only one way.....all the way to the high level. As the batteries get older and the batteries don't equalize as quick, it makes a huge mess, where as, if you fill by hand, you can intentionally leave the level low ( I do any way to prevent any issues).
I see these systems on a daily basis. They under fill, over fill, don't fill- leak..I can fill batteries faster and do a better job by hand.
I will say they do have a place with some elderly folks, but if your able bodied, fill them by hand.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, spws
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car