lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
dhanscel
Not Yet Wild

Default v-glide potentiometer

I am new her to this forum .I have done a lot of reading and i have a question about my 1996 cc. I want to insatall a v-glide potentiometer. I have a 36 volt system with two year old batteries. I have a wiring diagram for a 1992-94 cc. i also have a brand new v-glide for resistor carts at home. Can i convert this v-glide to a potentiometer and then wiring to a solid state controller if i can what terminal on the potentiometer does the black wire coming from it attaches to and also the white wire
dhanscel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: v-glide potentiometer

Just to clarify things - a 1996 36v club car is a resistor coil cart. Correct?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:41 PM   #3
dhanscel
Not Yet Wild

yes it is
Old 10-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

For clarification - A V-glide and a potentiometer are 2 different things. A V-glide with resistors is a multi-step 'potentiometer' The multi-step is what C used from about 92 to 04 when the mcor (a true pot) replaced the throttle device. There were 2 yrs '95 and '96 when CC used a Curtis type pot, 0-5k in '95 and 5k-0 in '96... just to make things clear.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
dhanscel
Not Yet Wild

sorry for the wording so can a v-glide with resistors be used as a multi-step potentiometer. my cart has the coil resistors just above the motor i just do not like the coil resistors any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-26-2016, 04:36 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I understand, the resistor coils waste amperage and in some cases present a fire danger.
We have been making a conversion kit for these carts for years. The kit is complete with all you need to go solid state 36 or 48v.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:40 AM   #7
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can you rebuild a V-giide into a multi-step? yes

Should you? no

Scotty's variable pot makes for a much smoother throttle and you won't have to hunt down the resistors for a multi-step. Scotty's conversion kit is a proven system.

The only other thing I'd recommend is an up-grade to the Super-Duty Solenoid (MZJ400) so you have the option to go to 48 volts when those 2 year old batteries give up.

The only reason I haven't gone to 48v. yet is because my 36v. pack still gets me to were I need to go and back.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 PM   #8
dhanscel
Not Yet Wild

I am converting my 96 CC to a multi-step potentiometer witth a 400 amp controller . How can i check to see if the throttle is 5k-0 or 0-5k so i will know what controller to order
Old 11-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #9
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

How many wires are coming out of this multi-step? I believe the black and white wires will show which throttle signal you'll have when connected to your meter.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:59 AM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This should help on how to wire the VGlide as a "Multi-Step Potentiometer" and the resistors you will need to buy.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1327737
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car