lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #11
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Hunting Buggy LIghts - What I Did

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim C View Post
Is there a noticeable difference in the spot and flood light beams?
I found some off road LED driving lights where you have the choice of different beam angles ranging from 10-120 deg. I'm leaning towards putting one spot and one wide angle and switch them separately. I don't care about lighting up the woods just seeing the trail. Best of all these light are rated for 50 volts and won't require a voltage reducer.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2016, 08:25 AM   #12
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry, I was asking Fast Ed about comparison of the lights he has.

post link for the led's you found, I'm sure it would be useful to others, I already have a reducer in mine.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #13
wards75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
It would be nice if the moderators on BGW would create a section for hunting buggies where we could just bounce ideas about hunting carts.
Really awesome idea!!!
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:14 PM   #14
wards75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Wouldn't these work? Stock headlight bulbs are the same as a 9005 (Fog light) bulb right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-LED-30W...lVeMfi&vxp=mtr

^^^This is what i'm leaning towards. Except just plain white bulbs..^^^

My project has been a slow project..finally got my reducer wired in and some green led strip lights in the foot well area so you can see the interior in the dark. I plan on getting a light bar and some green lenses to snap onto the light bar.

The led pod light out back is a great idea and i may do that or a 7" bar pointed out back for loading deer and lights for backing up.
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #15
Fast Ed
Not Yet Wild

There is a difference between the spots and floods. It is noticeable and the floods for the sides and rear, and the spots for the front are going to work very well for my purposes. Floods are wide angle and light up the side area real well. The spots probably won't be used much as the stock headlights with the LED bulbs in them will be adequate for just running out to the hunting stand. The LED spots under the rack are substantially brighter than the LED bulbs in the stock headlight housings and reach out much farther.

I bought the cart with the black on the seats, wheels and everywhere else you see it. It's a early 2000 DS with the factory Lynx retrofit and came that way from CC in 2004. I haven't done any cosmetic changes on it....yet. Thinking of going the whole camo route to make it more difficult for the animals to see it when parked. Thought about rattle can camo, like the rifle in the pictures, but haven't made up my mind on that yet. The sticky camo sheets in commercial patterns look trick, but it's also $300 or so before I do the roof and seats. To do roof and seats would be just more $$.

I like the idea of blacking out the trim. I didn't notice the difference until you mentioned it. Easy with a little masking tape and the flat black paint I already have for touching up the rear seat frame.

For more info on the brackets I made for the voltage reducer, go here. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-brackets.html

Fast Ed
Fast Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #16
bamachem
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the inspiration. Where you put your power converter, I installed a small 12v battery. Other than that, I followed in your footsteps a lot of the way.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ing-buggy.html
bamachem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #17
Fast Ed
Not Yet Wild

Voltage converter went between the brackets behind the batteries. See the link in my post above for details.

Here are pictures of the lights at dusk.

Spotlights only

Headlights only

Headlights and Spotlights together

Side Floodlights

Rear Red Lights
Old 11-16-2016, 03:33 PM   #18
Fast Ed
Not Yet Wild

Sorry,

It seems the pictures didn't take last time. Here they are again.

Red Rear Lights

Side Flood Lights

LEDs in Stock Headlight Housing

Spot Lights Mounted Below Brush Guard

Fast Ed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car