lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #21
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2006 Carry All Winter Budget Build

^^^You are correct, however, you are talking to the guy that remodeled his bathroom 12 years ago and the corner of one tile right next to the wall is 1/8 of an inch high because something got under the tile and to this day, when I go into the bathroom with bare feet or just socks on, I run my big toe over that imperfection and curse myself. No one else would ever be able to even notice because of where it's at...but I know...
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #22
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: 2006 Carry All Winter Budget Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
^^^You are correct, however, you are talking to the guy that remodeled his bathroom 12 years ago and the corner of one tile right next to the wall is 1/8 of an inch high because something got under the tile and to this day, when I go into the bathroom with bare feet or just socks on, I run my big toe over that imperfection and curse myself. No one else would ever be able to even notice because of where it's at...but I know...
I am that type of guy also.
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 06:33 AM   #23
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

I did get the motor / magnet / speed sensor completed some time ago when I go the parts from Dave at Revolution. Old magnet wouldn't come out so I had to take the motor off. In the process I broke off two of the four bolts holding the motor onto the differential. Both were in the aluminum ring on the motor, so Dave at Revolution hooked me up with another ring. (Props to Revolution, great customer service and Dave is always around if needed). Beings I had the motor apart, I cleaned it up and painted it red...ha ha, figured I'd get a bit more MPH with a hot rod red paint job. Then a guy from camp suggested that it ain't a fast motor unless it has a lightning bolt on it, so I added a carbon fiber lightning bolt! Now I figure the paint and lightning bolt alone should give me 25% more MPH's !!

Here are motor pics.

Before being molested - as it came

You can see one of the broken bolts and my failed attempt to cut a slot in the broken bolt and use a screwdriver to remove. EPIC FAIL!

Motor apart just before cleaning up a bit.

Hot rod red paint job! Zoom-Zoom!!!

Re-installed with "custom" carbon fiber lightning bolt. Ready for the races!!!
Old 12-31-2016, 06:01 PM   #24
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Today I got completed (with my brothers help) the thing I was dreading the most about this build.
I replaced the pedal group with the pedals out of the donor cart.
I have read so much on here about how difficult this job is and I was not looking forward to it.
Well, it wasn't that tough at all and everything is working great now.
Lifted both carts vertical with nose up and the pedals underneath were right at chest level. The brake pedal and assembly was the toughest thing to remove and install, but with the buggy vertical, you could actually see real easily which way it needed to be manipulated to come out.
The Carryall pedals were a mess, all corroded and when we had it vertical, we noticed that the bars for the brakes and the go pedal were bent a bit. The '01 donor cart pedals looked like new, so the whole kit and kaboodle came out of the donor cart and into the Carryall.

Here are some pics of the Carryall after everything was back in place. Thanks AGAIN to Dave at Revolution for the technical assistance this morning.

Standing up with the donor pedal group installed.

Another view. We had to remove the MCOR and adjust the parking brake pawl because I had positioned it incorrectly. In this picture, the brake wouldn't catch.

And there it is! All back together and working beautifully!
The go pedal wasn't where it needed to be on the Carryall, and after putting the donor cart pedals in, the Carryall gained another 3 MPH.
I also swapped out the brake lines out of the donor cart as the ones on the Carryall were torn up and hanging up the drivers side brake.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #25
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Got the seat completed today.
Bottom cushion off of my brothers 82 DS, top (seat back) of the carryall was in great condition, but the seat back and bottom had to match, so I went to the fabric store ant got a couple of yards of black marine vinyl and recovered myself. Turned out really nice. A quite a bit cheaper than getting new Club Car Vinyl. (I spent $18.00 for two yards at JoAnn fabrics with a 50% off coupon.)

Also I now have a tub of DS parts (yeah, the control panel is for a Precedent, I know, but most parts in the tub are DS).

Old 01-02-2017, 11:04 PM   #26
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks good. For that price if it gets damaged somehow, you won't cry too much. More importantly, you won't get a case of soggy arse if it happens to get left out in the rain!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:21 AM   #27
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

It's a "camp" buggy. April through November it stays outside.
Covered and under a canopy, but still outside.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #28
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
The plastic restore is a trick I learned years ago.
Just use a heat gun on them. Below is a video I did for a truck forum a year and a half ago. I've been using this trick for 10+ years and it works great.
In the video you see the step pads for the side steps on my truck. The pads are still nice and black today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFB9y4i1sbo
Just wanted to say thank you for sharing this, I had never heard of this before, but I got to say spent a little time on my trim the other day and it looks way better. It is so great to be a part of this forum, just hanging out and learning all kinds of tips and tricks.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #29
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Got some of the aluminum body cleaned and finished tonight.

I took a brass wire wheel at low speed and light pressure and "cleaned" the grooves and raised ridges. Then I took a green scotchbrite and Bar Keepers Friend with some water and took out the scratches left by the wire wheel.
Not sure if I'm done with ot of if I'll polish it a little. I am quite happy with how it turned out just as it is.
But I could take my DA and some Meguiars M205 and make it pretty shiny with little effort.

On to the latest pics:

Drivers side of the bulkhead / seatback support before wire wheel cleanup.

This is the same section after wire wheel and scratch clean up with scotchbrite and Bar Keepers Friend. I love how it turned out.

This shows mid section of seatback support after wire wheel and before scratch removal.

Same section after scratch removal. Looks like new.

Passenger side body panel after completed. Really surprised out how well this turned out.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #30
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Finally got all of the aluminum body polished (not a mirror finish, but I'm satisfied)
Also got the cowl painted, sanded and polished. Put it together just to snap some pics.
Still have to get the top on and decide what I'm going to do with the bed.
Turning out really nice compared to what it was when i brought it home.

New pics!

Cowl on, just a "dry" fit though. I will be putting an old cowl on while it's still under construction.

Idiot that I am, I took the trim around the cowl off!
Getting those screws back in....whoa! (think I have it figured out though)

Looking good! You can see the polished side here with the reflection of the snow and yard. Polished up nicely. The hip restraints are just primed right now, they will be the same blue as the cowl.

Shot of kick panel cleaned and shined up.

Closer shot of the aluminum body polished.

Paint turned out beautifully.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car